Hide
9 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mild Spoiler (Bonuses on Title cards (Box 1)) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Owen
msg tools
If as the princess you were 7 glory ahead of a player who is the duke how much bonus gold would they start with because it says 3 gold/1 fortune/1 rep for every 5 points or fraction thereof so would they get 3 or 6 gold?

Game feels very weighted against prince/princess at the moment as they go last and give people enmity at start and get no bonuses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
7 is 5 plus 40% of 5 so that is 2 bonuses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bonuses are 1 per 5 glory or fraction thereof (as stated on the title cards) behind the prince/princess. That means 1 bonus for the first 5 glory, and 1 more bonus for the other 2 glory, for a total of 2.

Bonuses are definitely heavy for those behind. Presumably, the person in front has achieved some combination of "more milestones" and "more game wins" and so has some advantages of their own.

I know I wouldn't want to play a game 15 times if losing left me behind with no real way to catch up, so this is not a problem to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JoshJustFails wrote:

Game feels very weighted against prince/princess at the moment as they go last and give people enmity at start and get no bonuses.

Presumably they get PERMANENT bonuses for their victory (and the Milestones which got them this victory). If the game is really weighted too much against them, then the next game they'll still have these permanent bonuses, and they'll be the one getting provisional bonuses as well.

Usually though it's not that hard to do well despite those bonuses. They do help those behind to catch up, which is nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kristensen
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are three bonus options. What if a player is entitled to four or more bonuses? Or even just two for that matter...can they take the same bonus multiple times?
Due to some spectacular good luck, I have managed to end up 28 points ahead of the last place player so this is an important question before our next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
59 4 76(!!) 14 7 52
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hessef wrote:
can they take the same bonus multiple times?
There is no restriction at all on taking the same option more than once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The player gets to choose from the list that many times. They can choose the same thing repeatedly if they like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adel Port
msg tools
Can someone clarify the "no starting benefits". No 8 gold for farms, no reputation, no luck, no advisor from the previous game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
adelport wrote:
Can someone clarify the "no starting benefits". No 8 gold for farms, no reputation, no luck, no advisor from the previous game?

That just refers to the Title card benefits: there are none at the start of the campaign. You still get gold, reputation, luck and a carry-over advisor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.