Popular Tags: [View All]
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmb
Rules updated: April 9, 2008.

Thirty Celebrities are invited to join a billionaire playboy on a trans-Pacific cruise in honour of his seventieth birthday. Along the way a typhoon hits destroying the boat and killing many of its esteemed passengers. Seventeen of the passengers are able to grab onto a mast and float with it onto a beach of a remote, deserted island.

As you land on the beach you learn who is still alive and start scavenging the beach for resources from the wreck found on the beach. Your job will be to explore the island, finding food, wood, water and helpful items that will allow you to sustain your life and work to finding a way off of the island. There are several ways you can die on the island. Two are the more traditional ways, through lynch or night kill. You can also die due to injuries sustained during the game, starvation or a combination of the last two.

Every player in the game will be playing a living, non-fictional Celebrity of some sort. I will allow you to choose your own character, though I would ask that you pick someone that I can find information about them on wikipedia. Furthermore, I always encourage a bit of role-playing so please choose someone you know well to increase the enjoyment of those in the game.

Rules:

Game starts on April 7, 2008.

There will be seventeen players in the game playing either Good or Evil players. There will be no neutral players. The game ends when all of the Cannibals (Evil) are dead or the remaining Cannibals equal the number of Celebrities (Good). There is also a possibility of leaving the island on a built boat or being saved, but that option will be explained if and when it happens.

Vote:
We will not be using the Cassandra vote. Instead I will provide regular updates. Votes must be bolded and the players character name must be used. Votes that aren’t bolded and/or ones that don’t use the characters name will not be counted. You must “unvote” in order to cast a new vote if you already have a vote recorded. Vote post may not be edited. If they are edited, then they will not count. There may be powers or items that can affect a person’s vote. You have been warned.

Lynch:

Lynch will occur at 6:00pm CST. The person with the most votes will be lynched. Votes at 6:01pm will not be counted, though those at 6:00pm will be counted. There may be items or powers that can affect the results of a lynching. You have been warned.

Roles:

These roles will not be handed out prior to the start of the game. Instead during the first set of Missions these roles will be handed out as Mission Rewards. The first werewolf cycle will follow the Missions and all roles become active at that point.

Every player starts the game with 4HP. Through the game there may be times when it is lowered. If a players HP hits 0HP they will die. You can regain HP through a wide variety of methods, such as Medical Packs, Vitamins and certain types of food.

Cannibals – 3 – Each night the Cannibals get to submit a list of five players that they would like to kill in order of preference. There will be a night kill each night, though it may not be their first choice if their attempt is blocked. Cannibals have full PM rights. Cannibals are Evil.

Humangetarian – 1 – He knows who the Cannibals are and wants them to rid the island of the rest of the travelers, but he cannot create an appetite for humans. They do not know him. The Humangetarian is Evil, but does not count towards parity.

Peeping Tom – 1 – Watches someone every night to see if they are conducting science experiments. The Peeping Tom is Evil but does not count towards parity.

Scientist – 1 – Investigates the stool of one person each night to see if there are human remains in it. The Scientist is Good.

Bodyguard – 1 – Every night chooses someone to protect. If that person is targeted as the night kill, they will not be killed. The bodyguard will not be killed as the result of a successful protection, however if they are on the Cannibal’s kill list they may be killed. The Bodyguard cannot protect the same person two nights in a row and cannot self-protect. The Bodyguard is Good.

Hunter – 1 – If when there are two players left in the game and one is a Cannibal and the other is the Hunter, the Hunter is able to kill the Cannibal to win the game for good. The Hunter is Good.

Celebrities – 9 – No extra special powers, just little vanillagers. All of these Celebrities are Good.

Mission Powers:

All Mission Powers will have a rating between one and five. Every player in the game will have a base rating of ten overall, though there are items that can increase Mission Powers. Players are responsible for assigning the points based on what they want their characters to have. Each of the four powers are described below. The higher the number assigned to a power will increase the likeliness of success in what the player is trying to accomplish. Each area will either have items, contain food, wood or some other challenge for the celebrities to conquer. You will not know what each of the areas represent until they become “explored.”

Explore – Used to enter an unexplored area of the island. There are several sections on the island that need to be explored. You must progress through the island one step at a time. You can’t go through an unexplored area to get to another one. You must first stop to explore one area first.

Hunt – Used to hunt animals or go fishing for sea life. Once an area is demonstrated to contain animal life, celebrities can go to hunt for food. Success will be based on those involved Hunt Power.

Forage – Used to find vegetation indigenous to the island and to carry water from springs. Once an area is demonstrated to contain plant life or water, celebrities can go forage for food or bring water back to camp.

Build – Used to build structures or an escape raft. This skill is used to first collect wood then it can be used to build structures such as huts to protect players in the night and ultimately a raft to escape the island.

After areas become explored by the players in the game a hermit from the island, the only local, will visit the Players and give them information pertinent to each of the areas. However, he is old and unreliable. He will be wrong on two of his area descriptions by one or two Mission Points. He may over or underestimate the strength needed on the areas. You will not be told which areas he was wrong on.

Special Powers:

Each player will have a set of special powers based on their character. These powers will be in the following four categories: Offense, Defense, Investigative, and Inherent. Each werewolf night cycle players will be able to choose one of the four powers they have to use for that cycle. The same power may not be used for two consecutive nights.

Powers will be utilized in the following order: Inherent, Defense, Investigative and Offensive. Furthermore, players will be randomly ranked from one to seventeen. On night one, the person ranked one will act first, then two and so on, remembering that if one has activated an Offensive power that they will go first during the Offensive round and not first overall. On the second night, the player ranked fourth will act first and on the third night the player ranked seventh will go first and so on. Thus, every werewolf cycle the start place drops by three rankings. People who have died will still be counted when moving down the three spots. Of course, dead players will not be able choose an action.

Both Offensive and Defensive powers have a chance of failing. Offensive attacks can result in several different things including injuries, unconsciousness and so on. I will not list everything as I want to afford people the opportunity to lie about their status. Each of Offensive, Defensive and Investigative will have rankings from one to five. Every player in the game will have a base rating of ten overall, though there are items that can increase Special Powers. Players are responsible for assigning the points based on what they want their characters to have. Investigative powers will not show alignment. They may show actions taken by a player or Mission results from a previous evening.

Inherent powers can be a wide range of things. If you want an idea of what they can be please refer to my End of Forever game.

Food:

Everyone arrives on the island with two food rations. You must have a ration of food daily, otherwise you lose 2HP. Eating a ration of food gives you between 1HP and 3HP depending on the type of food. Each night, if you have a food ration, I will assume that you are eating it to maintain your HP. Thus if you have 3HP and a 1HP Food Ration and a 2HP Food Ration, I will have you eat the 1HP Food Ration to get you back to your full HP.

Items:

All Items will be awarded after successful Missions. Everyone on a successful Mission will receive an Item of some sort. During the first round of Missions there is a very good chance that people will receive two items, one of course referring to the role and the second being a randomized item. As you can see there isn’t any intrinsically Evil or Good Items, all can be used by either side. The Items are randomly placed in areas of exploration prior to the game and will be randomly handed out upon a successful Mission. All Items are a one-time use unless specified in their description.

Medical Kit: Returns a player to full health.

Vitamins: Adds 1HP overall to user.

Club: Can knock a player unconscious for a random amount of hours.

Mask: Gives the player a second vote. No one will know who the vote is from as it will say “The Masked One” in the thread.

Book of Hypnotism: Gives the player control of another players vote.

Valium Shot: Causes another player to not post for the following day.

Bottle of Kahlua: May negate two, three or four votes from any player, though the number of votes reduced will be decided randomly.

Coffee Beans: Allows the player to gain a higher initiative. Will go first for the night cycle they choose. If more than one player earns this item and uses it on the same night, the person who has held on to it longer goes first.

Knife: Adds a 33% chance of attack succeeding. The knife will cause an injury to another player if successful. This item stays with the player for the entire game, but can only be used when attacking.

Camouflage: Player has an 83% chance of hiding from any actions against them during the night as those looking for them will be unable to find them.

Watch: Player can change alter the time of the lynch by up to thirty minutes, either making it earlier or later.

Radios: There will be two sets of three radios that will allow the group to talk privately through Cassy. There will be no guarantee of the roles of the other players in the group.

Mission Specific Items:

Compass: Add one to Explore rating.

Spear: Add one to Hunt rating. Cannot be used as a weapon.

Basket: Add one to Forage rating.

Saw: Add one to Build rating. Cannot be used as a weapon.

There are other items in the game that do different things.

Failed Missions:

If players go on a Mission and fail due to not having a high enough rating to accomplish their goal they will face consequences. First and foremost, the reward of the Mission, exploration, forage, hunt or build will not be given to the players. Furthermore, none of the players will be allowed to activate a Special Power for the following day. Lastly, each of the players on a failed Mission will have a 50% chance of becoming injured and losing 2HP as a result. In other words, you don’t want to ever fail a Mission.

Arch Enemies:

Each of the players on the island will have an Arch Enemy who they will want dead prior to the end of the game. The Arch Enemies will not be paired off, nor will they be one long train of people. It will be broken up randomly into several chains of hate. You will be told your Arch Enemy. As a part of the Victory Conditions for the game, each player will need their Arch Enemy dead to have a total victory. Thus there will be different levels of Victory in the game.

Huts:
Players are going to be able to collect wood during the game. Huts can be built for Ten Wood minus their build skill. They can be upgraded to an advanced hut for the same cost once built. A normal Hut provides a 17% chance of safety during the night. An advanced hut provides a 33% chance of safety during the night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmb
Re: Cannibal Island - PM me if you want in - Starts Septembe
Cannibal Island

NOTE: Size of the areas mean absolutely nothing in terms of gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
mbmbmb
The Who's Who of Celebrities!

1. le_cygne - Shakira
2. xandryyte - Nicole Kidman
3. ctrzn - Whitney Houston
4. Rukasu - Denzel Washington
5. Viny - Peter Crouch
6. GJanse - Bruce Willis
7. rjphelan - Arnold Schwarzenegger
8. CapAp - Stan Lee
9. Esuh - Sean Connery
10. Gregarius - Charo
11. JCwid - Monica Bellucci
12. bwt2q - Jerry Seinfeld
13. DarthVain - Keanu Reeves
14. Genghis - Dr. Phil
15. riot - Norm Abrams
16. pbwedz - Paris Hilton
17. dbmurph22 - Alec Baldwin

Bolded are confirmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
mbmbmb
placemarker for mission info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Cannibal Island - PM me if you want in - Starts September 17
Player List According to Cassandra:
bwt2q
CapAp
ctrzn
DarthVain
dbmurph22
Esuh
Genghis
GJanse
Gregarius
JCwid
le_cygne
pbwedz
riot
rjphelan
Rukasu
Viny
xandryyte

17 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1676...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See, now this is what I was asking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmb
Did you specify the start HP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F5
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lardarse wrote:
Did you specify the start HP?
Yes, he did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless at least several people playing the game tell me that they know who Jim Cramer is, I'm going to go with the ultimate companion for an adventure on Cannibal Island:

Shakira

Contigo, mi vida
Quiero vivir la vida
Lo que me
Queda de vida
Quiero vivir contigo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
le_cygne wrote:
Shakira
Do you *want* to get voted out first?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play. Sign me up as the Governator!

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xandryyte wrote:
le_cygne wrote:
Shakira

Oh baby when you talk like that
You make a woman go mad
So be wise and keep on
Reading the signs of my body

And I'm on tonight
You know my hips don't lie
And I'm starting to feel it's right
All the attraction, the tension
Don't you see baby, this is perfection

Alternate out of character response:

xandryyte wrote:
le_cygne wrote:
Shakira

xand, you can have Shakira if you really want her so badly.

(From the music category, you could always do Trent Reznor or Marilyn Manson to really mix it up. Snoop Dogg was another musician I had been considering... But when it comes down to it, I thought Shakira would be the most ridiculous and the most fun. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
mbmbmb
I have updated the rules. Still looking for more players... I know the game is MONTHS away, but I won't be werewolfing in August/September so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lenethen
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sure I am game... not sure of personality yet... I have several good ideas I will have to give it some thought...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lenethen
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I guess for now I will take Keanu Reeves...

"Whoa."

Edit:fixed link

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
The doctor is in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Genghis wrote:
The doctor is in!

cool

Brilliant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lenethen
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Genghis wrote:
The doctor is in!

Ugh I hate that guy. Can I vote to kill him now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't provide a picture of Hef. How remiss of me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I think he's a huge quack, but that's hardly the point, is it now?

edit: Phil's a quack... not Hef.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Genghis wrote:
Personally, I think he's a huge quack, but that's hardly the point, is it now?

I thought that was exactly the point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Really? REALLY?!
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Scientist – 1 – Investigates the stool of one person each night to see if there are human remains in it. The Scientist is Good.

Bel, you are a sick puppy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
mbmbmb
Re: Cannibal Island - Starts September 17 - Need Three More!
Alright, I'm starting to do some role work on this game which means a couple of things.

1) We need three more people to join. If you want in, please sign up and post or PM me your choice of celebrity.

2) If you're already in and haven't chosen a celebrity, please do so ASAP. I'm going on vacation in a week and I intend to finish up all role information while I'm away.

3) If you have any more suggestions on items to be found and their usage, now is the time to speak up.

Thanks,

Greig.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some celebrity (and quasi-celebrity) suggestions for those still looking:

Tom Cruise
Paris Hilton
Hulk Hogan
Ozzy Osbourne

Some of those should be fun to roleplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Genghis wrote:
Some celebrity (and quasi-celebrity) suggestions for those still looking:

Tom Cruise
Paris Hilton
Hulk Hogan
Ozzy Osbourne

Some of those should be fun to roleplay.

Or how about:

Bob Dole
Emeril Lagasse
William Shatner
Snoop Dogg
Howard Stern

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   |