$20.00
$60.00
JB Anderson
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Hello! Thanks for looking at my entry for the 2016-17 Wargame Print & Play Contest!

The main contest thread can be found here: 2016-17 Wargame Print & Play Contest

Brief Overview
A Solitaire wargame that depicts the fight for the Diyala River Valley, Diyala Province, Iraq during the Summer and Fall of 2007. The player is assigned missions in specific areas of the map. The player must move to that area and conduct the mission, dealing with possible IEDs, snipers, and dismounted fighters along the way. The tactical movement and combat takes place on Movement and Village cards that are dealt out at the time the mission is assigned.

Players:
1 - Though cooperative play should be possible

Components:(Not Final)
1 - 11 x 17 movement map
1 - Stryker Tactical Display
x - Movement cards
x - Village cards
x - Mission Cards
x - Counters
1 - Rulebook

Design Aims:
*Give the player an idea of what Stryker operations at the specified place and time looked and felt like.
*Tell a story and tell a different story each playthrough.
*Play time of 1 hour or less

Prize Categories:
Best Solitaire Game
Most Original Concept
Best Tactical Scale Game

Print & Play files(in development)
Vassal Module(In development but will be available)
Current State(Ideas phase) Map is ready for initial playtesting, counters and cards are being designed. Rules are in progress.

Movement Map Preview
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Dave
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would really like to see this one! If there's anything I can do to help, I'd be more than happy to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Phillips
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo always piques my interest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eurojuegos Buenos Aires
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Modern + Tactical + Solo + Vassal
I'm in!! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JB Anderson
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Update 1

Good progress this week! I wanted to use Vassal to prototype and playtest ideas so this week I've been working through how to build a module and getting some prototype graphics together. I'm really happy with what I've got so far (and excited I won't have to print and cut all the cards every time I change something ). I'm also making lots of headway on the rules and figuring out what sounded good in my head, but isn't working now that it's written down.

Here's a screencap of the prototype movement deck with a 5 square movement dealt out. This shot gives a good idea of how the movement cards work. You draw a mission card which assigns a mission square on the movement map. You count the number of squares on the movement map between your current location and the target and deal that many movement cards out end to end. Play then moves from the movement map to the movement cards you dealt out and the Stryker tactical display. Think Fields of Fire lite mixed with B17:QOTS

Here's a shot of the movement map in Vassal with counters set up on the Calendar track and two Strykers at FOB Warhorse in Baqubah

This week coming up I want to get the mission cards done and the initial draft of the rules complete so I can begin playtesting. Thanks for taking a look!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
Looks very interesting. I think its great when someone takes a solid mechanism from an existing game and puts their own spin on it. As you probably know, the fewer components required games tend to get crafted and played more. I am one of those who never got into vassel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mollineaux
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks interesting... subscribed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.