Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're mentioned in the rules, but they aren't mentioned in the components list on the back of the box. Nor, and here's why I ask, were they inside the box.

(Received today, in the U.K., from GMT's friendly new freight-forwarder. P500 direct to me with no customs charges. This changes everything!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Oliver Hazard Perry leader counter from Amateurs, To Arms! by Clash of Arms Games.
badge
Warrior Band counter for Conquest of Paradise by GMT Games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe, I'm glad that GMT's new delivery system is working for you!

The decision to delete the little plastic stands from the game were made at the highest level at GMT: Gene's family didn't like using them when they were playing the game! Unfortunately, we neglected to change the rules to delete their reference.

So no, there shouldn't be any stands in the game. Sorry for the confusion.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply Kevin. Since I posted I've been in the kitchen, happily exploring away in a test game. Based on this massive hour or so's experience I think I agree with Gene's family, they aren't really necessary. Good call bossman!

Loving the game so far by the way, although my Tongans' navigating skills leave something to be desired. I think they're looking for the mystical island called 'off-course.'

First real play is scheduled for Wednesday, can't wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humulus Lupulus
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the first edition, and while it's great, there's only one thing I think it could benefit from adding--player screens. For use during the Build phase. It's not critical, obviously, but just convenient. Not sure if the new version has them, but sure could use them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Oliver Hazard Perry leader counter from Amateurs, To Arms! by Clash of Arms Games.
badge
Warrior Band counter for Conquest of Paradise by GMT Games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
I have the first edition, and while it's great, there's only one thing I think it could benefit from adding--player screens. For use during the Build phase. It's not critical, obviously, but just convenient. Not sure if the new version has them, but sure could use them.

That would be a good extra! Maybe for the 3rd Edition of the game. Until then, we have these nifty do-it-yourself screens posted by Andy Pickard:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/138675/player-screens...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.