Hide
12 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: will the addons be sold retail? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Day Life
msg tools
Will the addons be available retail.. I mean a full pledge is topping 500bucks now before shipping... if we only get the base set and the kicker exclusive addons, will the other ones be available latter retail?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
Anything which is Kickstarter Exclusive won't be at retail. Anything else depends on whether retailers and distributor want to carry it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
I'm thinking more from their own website or something.. All I mean is will the addons be sold retail??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:
I'm thinking more from their own website or something.. All I mean is will the addons be sold retail??

in the end it depends on the success and the demand in retail.

that's actually the main advantage of KSEs, there you know you won't see them in retail. With the rest it's a maybe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
Athens
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:

I've noticed a lot of publishers/companies and even backers will be ambiguous or circumlocuitous when responding to these sorts of questions -- most likely in hopes of getting more people to pledge from fear of missing out on these items.

It looks like some of the Conan addons (from their previous campaign) are available for pre-order from MM, so that's a pretty good indication that this addons will be available later too. (How much later is a different question). Additionally, if Monolith is serious about trying to start up a competitive scene around this game, then it's almost a guarantee that they'll need to release the add-ons at some point.

On a bit of a surprising note, it appears that the addon price during the campaign for Conan offered cheaper prices than the online retail price (which is usually cheaper), so... while these items should be available later in retail, it may actually be a slightly better deal to get them during the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
My advice would be to stick with pledging to the stuff thats exclusive to the kickstarter unless you truly want that discount.

Lucky for me the only kickstarter exclusive expansion that I'd really want is Oedipus and the sphinx.

The three judges just don't seem very interesting to me, especially Minos looks terrible. The Haephestus expansion seems to offer similar creatures anyways, which seem to look nicer to me.

The manticore looks kind of nice, but I dont think I'd use it much, theres plenty of other creatures already that I like a lot and this one is rather pricy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You do realize, that there are KSEs in almost all of the expansions, right?

While the bulk of the big add-ons is not exclusive, the retail version (which will eventually appear in stores) won't have those.

And, of course, the plan is to have those in retail. They want to sell their game, obviously.

And, considering the game is pretty well-received already, it is almost sure they will be available at some point (which might be mid-/late-2018).

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Angelis
United States
Philadelphia
Pa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they said the big boxes would be for sale buy not the rest, but they're not 100% sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
At this stage we think that the 3 main expansions should be in retail (Poseidon, Hera and Hephaestus). But this is not sure. For the rest of the non KSE addons, this is even more unsure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure Mythic Games and Monolith would like to get anything not exclusive to retail if they can. But the choice of doing this or not will depend on what the distributor decides (Asmodee), which in turn will depend on what the retail shops ask them, which will depend on the retail sales of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benoit0905 wrote:
At this stage we think that the 3 main expansions should be in retail (Poseidon, Hera and Hephaestus). But this is not sure. For the rest of the non KSE addons, this is even more unsure.

I suppose it will be dependent on MB's retail success? If it's one of the best selling games of 2018 I guess the add-ons will become available as well Although I was expecting the Trojan heroes to be available too, as it's the only one without KSE's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
Considering the succes of the campaign and how it appeals to people, that it might find similar succes to that of star wars: Imperial assault.

Or at least it should be able to secure a good spot in most board game stores along with some expansions. I think it will do fine in retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.