Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Trisciuzzi
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the pre-release events led to a big increase in demand. I don't know if it will as bad as dice masters but I already know that a lot of local stores where I live grossly underestimated demand leading up to the early release events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Palacio
United States
suwanee
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I could be possible, but what I really want to know is HOW this shop owner spent "Hundreds" ($200??, $800?? $1500??) of his money on advertising...I checked its social media platforms and It does not show any signals of heavy or medium marketing intensity. I know there are other ways, but I don't see any rational shop owner spending time or tons of money on a game that is still not out.

Like I said, It might be true since the launch parties across the US were more than successful and created a higher demand of the product, but beware of people's rants, They usually come with exaggerations; which in time they develop into bad rumors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
gotten55 wrote:
I could be possible, but what I really want to know is HOW this shop owner spent "Hundreds" ($200??, $800?? $1500??) of his money on advertising...

If he printed flyers and made some banners for his store, he can be in hundreds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
gotten55 wrote:
I could be possible, but what I really want to know is HOW this shop owner spent "Hundreds" ($200??, $800?? $1500??) of his money on advertising...

If he printed flyers and made some banners for his store, he can be in hundreds.

Why would anyone do that especially for a game that advertises itself and they should know that FFG isn't great with the distribution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Palacio
United States
suwanee
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This kind of marketing usually comes from the publisher, who is in the highest interest of "spreading the word around" about their new product.
It does not mean a store could not lean on their own non-digital advertising to increase their event attendance, but if he is not using his benefit as shop owner and not pushing the product thru the publisher/distributor, then he is doing bad business and needs a advertising adviser.
(Not not mention that today's advertising is almost FREE if you know how to use your social platforms)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigmex75 wrote:

First time posting a pic, so hope I did it right. A friend sent this to me, and I told him it was probably fake news. Last night, Miniature Market had 20+ preorders for both starters and booster boxes. However, today, they are sold out of all of them. This is starting to be the case after looking at other OLGSs. This is starting to look like the Dicemasters release disaster. Hopefully, this will not be the case. Does anyone have any info on this?

This person was crying in the FB group and yes, there is a high demand now that many people realize the game will be amazing. All orders I was told before Nov 1st they have more than enough stock to fill. The rest will have to wait. FFG was not going to print more than they need and people were determined to fight the CCG method they took. Many of those people are now coming around to it and thus demand is higher. It will be stocked and if you ordered through MM or CSI before Nov 1st you will or should for sure get it, after that, you should, but possibly a little later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
gotten55 wrote:

Or he could be not telling the whole story. Have you ever been to a local store? Most of them don't spend that kind of money on their own advertising, let alone for an unreleased game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
gotten55 wrote:

Why would anyone do that especially for a game that advertises itself and they should know that FFG isn't great with the distribution?

He isn't bright?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.