6 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Legendary Lungs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bibious P
msg tools
mbmb
So I was lucky enough to get Legendary Lungs in my recent fight with the Butcher. Was looking for feedback on what weapon would best suit this character? Do you think higher speeder (dagger or Katar) is a better move or a heavy hitter like the Zanbato? The same character also has Might strike Fighting art,and Quixotic, all attributes are still base with no modifiers.

Thanks in advance for views and suggesitons

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, too much speed is often a danger. I think low speed is the way to go, but a Slow weapon might be too much because it's more likely to miss outright. Something with speed 2, maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bibious P
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the tips, I think we have bow proficiency on that character but its only the Cat Gut bow at the moment. I have the expansions but have not opened any of them yet. We are trying to complete a vanilla PofTL campaign before adding anything in.

I was thinking about Zanbato which would be cool and potentially deal 4 wounds but you put a lot of eggs in one dice roll.

Edit added more: Scrap sword I like that idea too, unfortunately some jerk stranger in armor broke my lantern oven yuk so we don't have any heat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kester
United States
Johnston
Iowa
flag msg tools
This is the type of stuff that I love about KDM. You start directing a character toward a certain build.

Ooohh, legendery lungs! Shiny! Now which way is he gonna go?

Anything but a 1!

RIP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kester
United States
Johnston
Iowa
flag msg tools
bibious wrote:
Thanks for the tips, I think we have bow proficiency on that character but its only the Cat Gut bow at the moment. I have the expansions but have not opened any of them yet. We are trying to complete a vanilla PofTL campaign before adding anything in.

I was thinking about Zanbato which would be cool and potentially deal 4 wounds but you put a lot of eggs in one dice roll.

Edit added more: Scrap sword I like that idea too, unfortunately some jerk stranger in armor broke my lantern oven yuk so we don't have any heat.

One potential downside with LL you have to consider is that it increases the variance of hits.

In other words, you are more likely to get either too few hits or too many.

Here's an example with the Scrap Sword. I ran some calcs with standard accuracy and with +2 accuracy. You get more hits, but the risk of a ton of hits increases.

Though the scrap sword is really nice because you can get some sweet sharpening going on if you get a ton of hits and manage to avoid the trap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lee miller
msg tools
mb
I have survived Hack City 6 times now, some with 13 hits, and still haven't rolled high enough to get Legendary Lungs. Long story short, innovate drums if before the Butcher comes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.