Popular Tags: [View All]
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo hoo!

I'd completely forgotten about this. Really looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
Woo hoo!

Ditto... and $19 for shipping. Wowza! Wish they'd get their shipping improvements rolled out soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
colmmccarthy wrote:
Woo hoo!

Ditto... and $19 for shipping. Wowza! Wish they'd get their shipping improvements rolled out soon.

Check with the office. I wasn't charged more thatn $13.45 (flat rate) for Silver Bayonet a couple weeks ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
joel_m_toppen wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
colmmccarthy wrote:
Woo hoo!

Check with the office. I wasn't charged more thatn $13.45 (flat rate) for Silver Bayonet a couple weeks ago.

I did... was told "That's what we're charging to ship that." She files a request with support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe B
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
What a nice surprise, in my head I wasn't expecting this game to ship for another month at least. I haven't even cracked the rulebook for Silver Bayonet yet! I got Arkham Horror LCG on the same day and that seemed an easier game to digest first.

This is gonna be a great game to work through during these cold winter months. Really excited to dive in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Garbett
United Kingdom
Walsall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really looking forward to this. NW is one of my favourites and Joel's recent videos have really whet the appetite to get this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also received my charging notice with the $19 shipping charge.

If I read the GMT Games shipping chart correctly, the game must then weigh 7 lbs or 8 lbs. If it doesn't, then I will have to consider cancelling my order [unless GMT Games has some other, reasonable explanation for the shipping charge].

The shipping charge for my copy of Silver Bayonet: The First Team in Vietnam, 1965 was $11.50 [I just received it today].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Aging One wrote:

If I read the GMT Games shipping chart correctly, the game must then weigh 7 lbs or 8 lbs. If it doesn't, then I will have to consider cancelling my order [unless GMT Games has some other, reasonable explanation for the shipping charge].

The shipping charge for my copy of Silver Bayonet: The First Team in Vietnam, 1965 was $11.50 [I just received it today].

That's why they need to fix the system. It should cost about 11-13 to ship flat rate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Alegre
Puerto Rico
San Juan
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
Aging One wrote:

No way this weights more than Sekigahara, and the shipping for that one was a couple of bucks less IIRC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

They charged $16.00 shipping on mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front and Combat Commander rule! The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Yippee! I got my notification today too! Plus my Secret Krampus got in touch with me, and my target's gifts got delivered to their home, today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Laughlin
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
$19 shipping for me too. I've always rationalized P500 as basically a "free shipping" program as the price eventually charged usually is the same, or about the same, as the full retail price after release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about other countries, but us Canadians are adding another nearly $21 worth of exchange rate. So the total is $82 Can. Still exited though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first P500 in a long time. The news about Second Chance Games handling UK (and EU?) distribution prompted me to take a punt.

I've been charged $63 but can't see how much of that is postage...

Will be interesting to see how the final price compares with what UK based OLGS will be charging. Probably not much in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Ahonen
Finland
flag msg tools
ReggieMcFly wrote:
My first P500 in a long time. The news about Second Chance Games handling UK (and EU?) distribution prompted me to take a punt.

I've been charged $63 but can't see how much of that is postage...

Will be interesting to see how the final price compares with what UK based OLGS will be charging. Probably not much in it.

The game was $42 (with $60 RRP) so shipping was $21. Same shipping for me, and the news about shipping directly from EU is what got me to buy my first P500 in the first place. However, Second Chance Games representative mentioned that Finland might not belong to their "ship from EU" plan so I guess this is also a test case for me. If it ships from US and arrives sometime in January with another 25% bill for VAT and such, it'll be my last P500 for now. I wish GMT informed customers a bit more about what's going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Lola Cat 2010-2014
mbmbmbmbmb
I want this game so badly I don't care if the shipping is $50.

Okay, that might be a bit steep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Capra
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo hoo as well!. With the holiday season granting some days off work I cant wait for a day of leisure and Comanchería.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Klarmann
United States
Staten Island
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm
Excited for it to arrive!

But $19 dollar shipping seems more like a "handling" fee was tacked on, very confused...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Lundin
msg tools
mbmbmb
Not charged yet.
Between what dates will they charge?

//Markus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hebart-Coleman
Ivory Coast
Abidjan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got charged the other day. Please please please arrive before Xmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2manygamez wrote:
$19 shipping for me too. I've always rationalized P500 as basically a "free shipping" program as the price eventually charged usually is the same, or about the same, as the full retail price after release.

I wish this was true. I've curtailed my P500s quite a bit due to the fact the last several games I P500'd showed up cheaper, and in a couple of cases, sooner at retail online (such as coolstuff inc). That makes me sad as it feels like the very backers of these games are getting penalized.

I only P500 games that I feel strongly I must support, such as this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't feel too bad, as it still works out cheaper than if I picked it up at my FLGS. But yeah, a coupon would be nice whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bradray wrote:
2manygamez wrote:

I wish this was true. I've curtailed my P500s quite a bit due to the fact the last several games I P500'd showed up cheaper, and in a couple of cases, sooner at retail online (such as coolstuff inc). That makes me sad as it feels like the very backers of these games are getting penalized.

I only P500 games that I feel strongly I must support, such as this one.

Yep. I've cancelled some of my P500 games because of not knowing in advance how much they will charge for shipping. They need to let people know how much they will charge your card before charging it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I requested an explanation for the 65% increase in shipping charges and GMT Games declined to provide any information.

So, I asked them to cancel my Comanchería: The Rise and Fall of the Comanche Empire order this morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius van der Merwe
United States
St. George
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is in any gaming company's interest to ship their games as inexpensively as possible. I seriously doubt that any "handling" fee gets slapped on the price, especially when dealing with a company like GMT that has a stellar reputation for integrity. I trust that the folks of GMT have my gaming interests at heart, and given the weight and size of the package, are mailing me the game as inexpensively as they can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.