Hide
2 Posts

The Rivals for Catan: Age of Enlightenment» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pirates - already defeated by opponent rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Gallivan
msg tools
There's something ambiguous in the rules regarding pirate missions. If my opponent has rotated a pirate card to level 3 (victory point), and I only have that same pirate at level 0 or 1, can I fight that pirate and get bounty as I rotate to level 1 then level 2? I know I can't get the victory point.

Section 5d makes it sound like I can't. "If you have reached level 3 on a particular sea card, your opponent may still carry out missions on his corresponding island cards (but not pirate cards) but cannot rotate the card to level 3 in the process)."

However, section 6 makes it sound like I can, I just can't get any more bounty after the card is at level 2. "Important: You can't take any bounty if you go on a mission to a pirate card where you have reached level 2 while your opponent has already reached level 3." Sounds like they just don't want you to be able to get infinite bounty on a weak pirate.

To me, it makes more sense if there's no more bounty on a particular pirate once one player reaches level 3 on that pirate. After all, how can you fight a pirate who's already dead? (Or already incarcerated in Catan regional correctional facility, if you want to be less violent).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can become heavyweight boxing champion by beating the actual champion, but you cannot become the champion when the champion has already lost his title to another boxer, although you can still fight against the former champion.

Each player can reach level 2 of all pirates and islands, regardless of the already reached level of the other player, but only one player can reach level 3.

Dr. Reiner Düren
Catan GmbH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.