Dusty 27
Canada
Grande Prairie
flag msg tools
mb
Short, Sweet, and to the Point review of the Iron Throne.

This game is awesome I really like the 45 minute game time. You can get multiple games fairly quickly and there is a great deal of enjoyment for that time with superb customization. You can switch leader or factions quickly and easily head back in for more. Learning the rules are easy with just 10 pages to look through. I am just itching to play with my group next time. So far I really love playing Baratheon with Davos at the helm. Just Awesome. I feel like the short game time and getting multiple play-thoughs are really fun. How you present yourself and play has a smidgeon of effect going into the next game when everyone is having fun with it. Everyone seemed to like the crowns of power and wheeling and dealing to come on top. One of the most fun new games I have played here in 2016. I think this game will stay on my shelf for many long years. So many of my favorite games run the gambit of 1.5-3.5 hours and this one just really helps round out the time to play offerings in my collection. With all the Scifi games in my collection this just fits better for me than Cosmic Encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed! i really hope they support this with expansions (soon).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I hope the expansions just add houses instead of just random garbage like the Cosmic Encounter expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty 27
Canada
Grande Prairie
flag msg tools
mb
I very much agree with the expansions should be extra houses. Keep Cosmic as the one with mechanic bloat. Lets keep The Iron Throne lean and muscular. More houses add great variety and allow anyone to join in easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.