Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a symbol of dice, but I'm not sure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Plots give 1 die as a base if you meet the required elements. They give additional dice based on the optional elements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Plots give 1 die as a base if you meet the required elements. They give additional dice based on the optional elements.

Then Reckless gives 2 as base? Because why else is there a white die while other plot cards don't?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it's just in white to signify that you NEED to be at Reckless. It's still just 1 die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
No, it's just in white to signify that you NEED to be at Reckless. It's still just 1 die.

Wow now THAT is confusing and incredibly misleading :/

I mean, the rulebook says that you get additional dice for these conditions. And reckless shows a die.

Yet regular plots do NOT show the 'base' die.

Is this confirmed by the designer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
senorcoo wrote:

Wow now THAT is confusing and incredibly misleading :/

I mean, the rulebook says that you get additional dice for these conditions. And reckless shows a die.

Yet regular plots do NOT show the 'base' die.

Is this confirmed by the designer?

I feel like you are just taking any thing you can to rant against the game and it's getting a bit ridiculous the outrage you show, specially when you are completely wrong...

ALL PLOTS are divided in two parts, the Mandatory part (on the left) and the optional part (on the Right).
All the parts of the Plot that add dice or that diminish the Nazi Eagle results are pretty clear and shown before the requirement that allows you to get that specific die.

The difference between Reckless Plots and the Normal Plots is that the Die you get from the mandatory part is in the bottom left part of the card precisely to highlight that you must be in Zealous Motivation level to be able to perform the Plot...

It's perfectly clear, they couldn't made it anymore clear, still you are here all outraged against something that you clearly don't know what you are saying...

I don't know if you have something against the Designer or the Publisher but this is getting a bit too ridiculous! (You are starting to sound like LSD Sound design, and infamous user here on BGG because of his endless unfounded rants)

For reference:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have nothing against the designer or the game, I just find the rulebook really confusing

I've played Black Orchestra twice now and really like it, but we've played rules wrong on both occasions.

So how many dice I get to roll on M plot, if only the left condition is met? 1 or 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you get 1 die... it's pretty clear on the card... you have all those requirements and have one icon of a die so you have to meet all those requirements and if you do you can attempt the plot with 1 die, not very smart to do that but hey you gotta do what you gotta do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
I have nothing against the designer or the game, I just find the rulebook really confusing

I've played Black Orchestra twice now and really like it, but we've played rules wrong on both occasions.

So how many dice I get to roll on M plot, if only the left condition is met? 1 or 2?

On the M plot you roll at least 2, if you meet the conditions (1 for what it says on the left, +1 for the keys) you can roll more if you have more conspirators at the same location (+1 for each).

EDIT: you always need to meet the conditions on the left to attempt the plot, so you always roll at least 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dna_Boy wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:

On the M plot you roll at least 2, if you meet the conditions (1 for what it says on the left, +1 for the keys) you can roll more if you have more conspirators at the same location (+1 for each).

The way I read the card is that you only roll 1 based on the required elements. The keys, badge, etc. are optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's optional, I didn't notice he asked only about the left side

But you never attempt with only one die anyway, you will not win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I think I get it now. I guess I was confused by the Reckless plot having the die next to Reckless graphic and not next to other requirements.

So it's 1 die - no matter what - for the left-side requirements and n die for n amount of conditions met on the right side.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dna_Boy wrote:

Technically, you could...if you had the card that grants 2 additional dice and military support was at 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Dna_Boy wrote:

Technically, you could...if you had the card that grants 2 additional dice and military support was at 3.

Right, that can happen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That card, "Officer Recruited", is super and there is only one in the deck. Of course, in my last game, it was literally the last card in the deck. Fortunately, I had the character that lets you draw 2 and keep 1 with the draw cards action, so I was able to farm the deck pretty well once we were set up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1 die for reckless plots, just as normal plots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
All plots start with 1 dice for completing the required elements. The change in color between a regular plot and a reckless plot is to highlight the difference between the two types of plots.

There is no way to kill Hitler even on the lowest military support unless you have either the Officer Recruited card or some of the optional die.

-Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dudgeon
United Kingdom
Stewarton, Scotland
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
....or if you are playing with Beck, and Military Support is at 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for assuming that everyone plays at standard. My bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Some threads confuse me more than help. A quick flip through the plots, and it seems, if maxed, each rolls 3 or 4 dice? Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that some items have an asterisk (*), meaning you can use multiple copies of that item for an additional die each. So if you get a die for the basic requirements, a die from your keyword, a die for Intel, and dice for Poison*, that could potentially be 3 Poison for 3 dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks Jack. Think I missed that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.