tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so. There is compensation for later players at the start of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kerrinaddis wrote:
Does start player ever change?

Nope. It doesn't seem to matter at all. Having the last turn in the game has its own advantages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin Addis
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBen wrote:
There is compensation for later players at the start of the game.

I think I missed this, can you please elaborate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
kerrinaddis wrote:
JonBen wrote:

Sorry, I'm wrong about that. I thought I remembered one but there isn't anything in the rules about that. Too many game rules bouncing around in the noggin post-Essen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin Addis
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBen wrote:
kerrinaddis wrote:
JonBen wrote:

Sorry, I'm wrong about that. I thought I remembered one but there isn't anything in the rules about that. Too many game rules bouncing around in the noggin post-Essen

Ha ha ha, happens to me all the time :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played it yesterday (4p) and was in the fourth seat. It didn't felt good, honestly. I was always last and sometimes it felt like I couldn't catch up or the best action tokens were already taken etc. Dunno, but I would like it more with a changing start player each round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Richards
United States
De Pere
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does seem strange that the start player never changes. There could be (especially at higher player counts) some competition to place seals in certain city quarters. I would have thought perhaps having second, third, fourth players sequentially one higher on the scoring track at the start of the game might have made sense.
I'm also wondering why players start at 5 points. Is there any way to lose points in this game? And if not, why start at 5 points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Because occupied Danube spaces are skipped, the later players will in general be able to move further on the river early in the game, so they will have first shot at placing in certain districts if they want it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Richards
United States
De Pere
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
Because occupied Danube spaces are skipped, the later players will in general be able to move further on the river early in the game, so they will have first shot at placing in certain districts if they want it.

That makes sense, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.