Betrayal at House on the Hill» Forums » Variants

Subject: More than 6 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michele Nicastro
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ehi guys, i really like this game but i realized that with my group we sometimes have problems in playing it because we end up being 7 or 8, so we play something for more players or we split and play something for less players.

but betrayal gives his best with 5/6 players, for what i noticed, so i was wondering if someone already tried to play it with even more players.

my idea was to use something from another game as a miniature (and eventually, if it works well, buy a miniature) for the character and the companion app to keep the characteristics.

my fear is that the hunt would not be balanced, making it not fun at all for the traitor and too easy for the heroes.

any thoughts about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I gave this some thought last night, and here are some ideas.

MINIONS (7-8 players)
At the start of the Haunt, the Traitor (if any) gains one Minion for every Hero character over five that are in play. Minions start in the same Room as the Traitor and have the following stats: Speed 2, Might 4, Sanity 2, Knowledge 2. They are considered Monsters and act during the monster turn. If defeated, they are Stunned until the end of the next monster turn.

ACCOMPLICE (9+ players)
When the Traitor is revealed, the player to the right of the Traitor becomes the Accomplice, who is treated as a Traitor in every way, and wins if the Traitor wins. If the Haunt requires the Traitor to take a specific Action, possess a specific Item, or be in a specific Room, either the Traitor or the Accomplice may fulfill those requirements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Nicastro
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
thank you for the tips!

i may give it a try already this evening, i will definitely post eventual results in this thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Nicastro
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
i gave a try with 7 players, it worked perfectly, but we got haunt #6, which (without spoilers) scale depending on how many players there are, so we didn't give any bonus to the traitor.

and the traitor won even if we had one extra hero.

(it may partially depend on the fact that with more players you can power yourself up less before the haunt begin. i will try with more haunts in the future)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know it worked ok with 7. Thanks for the report!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.