Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so I think I've been playing subtlety wrong in how I roll and place my dice and it has some impact on this ship.

I've been rolling, putting them in unassigned or at the bottom and then moving them through the ship, moving them immediately to returned once they have done their thing. But I think what I should have done is to place them inside the ship and leave them there, performing their actions as I place. Usually there isn't any difference (when I move a die to the infirmary I just move it from returned -- where I was careful to leave them on the die side I used).

But with Mononoaware it occured to me to wonder about the firing mechanism. Suppose I want to take 3 shots. What I have been doing to shoot twice is to place one dice each in the lower dice sized "receptors" and then place a tactical die in the middle, firing both dice in the receptors. Then if I wanted to fire a third time I cleared the dice and places a new die in the receptors and a tactical die in the middle. Now I'm not sure this is how it was intended.

Comments?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The gameplay notes on the back of the ship board say that you remove the crew from the receptors when you shoot, so that should be correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.