Subject: Roland's .38 Special - more ammo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Case
United States
Oregon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Let's say I play the card and a few rounds later I run out of ammo. Is there any way to get more ammo on this card?

card link

I thought maybe you can pay the activation card cost again or play Emergency Cache (Gain 3 resources), but I'm not sure if resources can be immediately converted to ammo.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no natural way to give yourself additional shots (i.e.: your idea of paying to replay it or using resources, if this was possible the card would say so), but there is a card that you can purchase with experience points that will add ammo to any firearm (not sure of the title, but there aren't that many cards to sift through at this point). This is particularly useful if you get the shotgun as it only starts out with 2 shots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Extra Ammunition card is the one you're thinking of.

You can of course also just equip a new weapon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal Paradice
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somewhat related question. If you have two firearms (or I guess even the .38 and knife) armed, can you use both bonuses on the same attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
salparadice1 wrote:
Somewhat related question. If you have two firearms (or I guess even the .38 and knife) armed, can you use both bonuses on the same attack?

No. To use the Fight ability on a weapon card you must take an action to activate that ability. So, as you can only take one action at a time, unless otherwise specified, you can only activate one weapon's Fight ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Johnson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
salparadice1 wrote:

My understanding is that since both knife and the .38 require actions to use (indicated by the arrow) that you have to choose one of them for your attack. You could spend one action with the knife, then a second with the .38, but only applying the respective bonuses when activating each item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal Paradice
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both answers make a lot of sense. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathological_RJ wrote:
salparadice1 wrote:

My understanding is that since both knife and the .38 require actions to use (indicated by the arrow) that you have to choose one of them for your attack. You could spend one action with the knife, then a second with the .38, but only applying the respective bonuses when activating each item.

Those two activations starts to separate fight actions with separate skill checks. So, no you can not combine them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katharine
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I made this exact same mistake on my first playthrough with Skids. Huge asterisk on my victory there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Velleman
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathological_RJ wrote:
salparadice1 wrote:

Really clear answer. In regards to munition, tough, is each munition used seperatly with the aformentioned weapon used action? In other word, in combat, do I need to do two action tests to pump an ennemy with two slugs (ressources), if I pass the test? Or is each slug (ressource) actually a different action/test? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Each time you take a fight action (and therefore a combat skill test) you discard one supply token. You can't discard multiple supply tokens in the same fight action to stack bonuses or test combat multiple times on the same fight action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Right. As I understand, those abilities that follow an arrow, require an action for each activation. Roland's .38 has an arrow followed by Fight indicating using that ability is a fight action. So each munition use, would be separate fight actions.

From the Rules Reference (page 3):

EDIT: not sure how to make the image bigger when inserted into the post...If you click on it, you can see the regular size...sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rican919 wrote:

From the Rules Reference (page 3):

EDIT: not sure how to make the image bigger when inserted into the post...If you click on it, you can see the regular size...sorry.

Quote me to see how
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Thomas
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
So to use Rolands .38, it would take two actions out of your 3 correct? One for the ACTION arrow and one for the FIGHT action correct? Or is the cost of the FIGHT action covered by using one of your actions to activate The ACTION triggered ability on the .38? In simpler wording....does it cost two actions or one to use the .38 and other similar weapons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
It was my life, like all lives, mysterious and irrevocable and sacred. So very close, so very present, so very belonging to me. How wild it was to let it be.
mbmbmbmbmb
sldr216 wrote:
So to use Rolands .38, it would take two actions out of your 3 correct? One for the ACTION arrow and one for the FIGHT action correct? Or is the cost of the FIGHT action covered by using one of your actions to activate The ACTION triggered ability on the .38? In simpler wording....does it cost two actions or one to use the .38 and other similar weapons?

One.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
sldr216 wrote:

The bold fight on the card is there to inform its owner that when you spend an action to trigger the arrow symbol ('action trigger'), the ability is treated as 'fight' for all rules regarding how that keyword interacts with the game - stuff such as, unless specified otherwise, it is considered an 'attack', you test against combat, it doesn't incur attacks of opportunity, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Thomas
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Thank you both! That makes total sense now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.