GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,047 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Oilfield» Forums » General

Subject: Question for Paco: Design thoughts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
eurek
Italy
Milano
ITA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If i get the rules correctly, every time i player sell oil or make pv with gas, the cubes go into the bag. I was wandering if during the design phase was thought / tested the possibility of putting back in the back just gas cubes, of course starting since the beginning with more black cubes. That would add to a thematic feel of a reservoir being depleted - usually gas to oil ratio goes up with reservoir life.

I am also curious about another design decision: why have you decided to replenish reservoirs just when oil is completed and not oil and gas (so all the cubes)?

I had my first 3p game yesterday and i enjoyed the game pretty much! I am eager to play it with 5p i suspect may be a cuttthroat of a game!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paco Yanez
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
enricodonaggio wrote:
If i get the rules correctly, every time i player sell oil or make pv with gas, the cubes go into the bag. I was wandering if during the design phase was thought / tested the possibility of putting back in the back just gas cubes, of course starting since the beginning with more black cubes. That would add to a thematic feel of a reservoir being depleted - usually gas to oil ratio goes up with reservoir life.

I am also curious about another design decision: why have you decided to replenish reservoirs just when oil is completed and not oil and gas (so all the cubes)?

I had my first 3p game yesterday and i enjoyed the game pretty much! I am eager to play it with 5p i suspect may be a cuttthroat of a game!!

Ciao Enrico,

During the testing phase, I've tried several ways of drilling mechanics. In fact, I used a bunch more of each type of cube, and everytime when it drills, the cubes were removed from the game. This may be a bit more realistic simulation, but I needed a mechanics that provide to the towers an equal chance to be used in the game, since that way may make building the gas towers a bit less attractive or even useless in a game . So "recycling" the cubes into the bag was the most convenient for this purpose.
In regards to the second question, decision comes more and less from the point mentioned above.

Keep enjoying the game and thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Cheers
Paco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.