Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
František Orálek
Czech Republic
Blansko
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hello,

i apologize in forward, this topic doesn´t meant as flame. Authors really make great things like live video, reply for answers in forum and invest lot of energy to make positive picture of this game. Ok this game already bought me with draft mechanic, ancient greek theme, 1vs1 not another semicoperative game with lots miniatures, and part of battle report in which Heracles throw tree on Athena. The problem is that they show not enough interesting content FORWARD to motivate people to pledge faster.

In the contrast campaign lasts now only 10 days and with this speed cca. 50.000 dolars every day its 1 stretch goal daily. The problem is i am looking at 11.000 dolars until next streatch goal with Euritus, which i never heard before, and have absolutely no idea which strech goal exactly will be in next 1-2 days, and really dont understand where are more iconic greek heroes/monsters/gods/item cards motivate me to pledge. So I simply wait because i know another players complete stretch goal in 1 day (because of conan crosover) and have absolute no motivation to pledge. I think that conan campaigh was meant to 2milion dolars, and its my speculation that this game after conans success was meant to go a lot higher. But I am waiting because have absolutely no idea if iconic heroes/monsters/gods will be in any new small expansions or in pledges, and what price tag will be in these expansions or next. I think that will help a lot something like big question mark at 1,5milion or something like that. At 1milion Belerophon was really unimpressive, dont undestand this move...maybe authors think that campaign goes a lot of faster dont know...

Conan crossover..well is meant for conan players not primary for MB..villigers for custom scenarios well...we have Mythic battles pantheon RPG and lots of figures and genial antic settings to make own scenarios..where are extra tokens, buildings, item cards etc. for RPG and for making own scenarios? Conan has a lot of meat for customisation, here I see same incomplete material in hera, terrain and crosover expansion. Realy dont buy 3 expansions because of this. Lots a and lots of miniatures without proper ways to expand on my own, make ma own skirmisch scenarios? Seriously, where are any tokens?

So the conclusion is since Hector at 959k i don´t see anything really atractive to speed up campaign progress. Crossover lure conan players in any phase of campaign. Big expansions, well Hera is intersting becuase of Heracles campaign and only way how to get item cards, and shows the way of scenario campaign, I think we are waiting for bundle price and for another small expansions, because kickstarter exclusive in these big expansions are not atractive to pay me now 1 year forward and not motivate me do basic pledge.

So for me in this phase is characterising word "waiting" because only thing I see is unipmressive Euritus and conan crossover is interesting for conan players a lot more than for mb pledgers.

How about show something like 1. stretch goal Odipus, second Stretch goal Sfinx with scenario, first stretch goal Perseus, second Medusa with scenario or card pack, or new board or some really nasty monster (last one was Orion)...or anything new, cool, impresive, what will people motivate pledge faster.

If they have prepared figures for milions dollars and campaign go not so fast, why not use now more interesting figures to speed things up and not waste another day with 1 stretch goal.

Conan lots and lots of figures in the end, in this game it goes lower, so in my opinion if authors dont stop show us "interesting things" like villigers, flying apes, unintersting miniature of gorgon or "never heard fo Euritus" and start show really iconic things like Perseus, Pegasus, Afrodita, foot Poseidon, Helios etc. I think that now we all know that all of them are in this speed will not be revealed.

So in my opinion sipmle iconic heroes/gods/creaturs first, 2 stretch goals forward to see, and after 3-4 milions of dolars, lets make flying apes, Eurytuses and another "interesting and never heard of" grand uncles and aunts of gods...

Its only my opinion. The game will be great now, but much more better with iconic heroes a possibility make scenarios or posibility place boots of hermes +1 speed into center of the board/or hydra from near cave, which go out after pick 3rd stone and attack nearest unit etc. or anything what I want, if there were any material to make things like this on my own and make "my own game."

People really want naked Afrodita, Kraken, Helios on chariot, silhouette of Titan for speculations, Perseus with Medusas head in his hand...not generic Harpy or 3 stymphalian birds (birds really?) as motivation to buy 49 dolars expansion

I am sorry English is not my native language and little bit of flustration because potential of this game is enormous and i think authors have more interesting things to show and fear to see another Eurytus mornings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imenhotep wrote:
Hello,

Seriously, where are any tokens?

How about show something like 1. stretch goal Odipus, second Stretch goal Sfinx with scenario, first stretch goal Perseus, second Medusa with scenario or card pack, or new board or some really nasty monster (last one was Orion)...or anything new, cool, impresive, what will people motivate pledge faster.

If they have prepared figures for milions dollars and campaign go not so fast, why not use now more interesting figures to speed things up and not waste another day with 1 stretch goal.

Conan lots and lots of figures in the end, in this game it goes lower, so in my opinion if authors dont stop show us "interesting things" like villigers, flying apes, unintersting miniature of gorgon or "never heard fo Euritus" and start show really iconic things like Perseus, Pegasus, Afrodita, foot Poseidon, Helios etc. I think that now we all know that all of them are in this speed will not be revealed.

Its only my opinion. The game will be great now, but much more better with iconic heroes a possibility make scenarios or posibility place boots of hermes +1 speed into center of the board/or hydra from near cave, which go out after pick 3rd stone and attack nearest unit etc. or anything what I want, if there were any material to make things like this on my own and make "my own game."

I am sorry English is not my native language and little bit of flustration because potential of this game is enormous and i think athors have more interesting things to show and fear to see another Eurytus mornings.

There's no problem voicing criticism as you did.

I saw each of the expansions as adding mechanisms that you can pick and choose based on your interest (Poseidon for naval battles, Hephaestos for a campaign story, and Hera for items) alongside new units that follow a particular theme.

As for Bellerophon, I'm surprised you mentioned Pegasus as an iconic unit but are unimpressed by Pegasus and his owner riding into battle.

As for all the future add-ons, they did say that they were small expansions therefore won't be of the price point of the big expansions mentioned above so it shouldn't be very expensive overall.

I believe they have some Titans planned as add-ons and stretch goals as well as a few gods. I think they are trying to leave some of the best for the last few days when most kickstarters really pick up steam.

Also, Eurytius is actually a pretty important character in Heracles' story. He's not just a random throw-in. I do agree that the Gorgon should have been renamed to be one of Medusa's sisters though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Thompson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think two things.

1) I'm not sure what the delay was with Conan. I was an early backer but had to pull out in the latter stages and did not follow its progress. But I know from backing Cool Mini or Not kickstarters that it seems that the kickstarters where they are throwing mini after mini trying to get stretch goal after stretch goal are the ones that end up being delayed endlessly. And after Conan's delays, even if it wasn't due to having promised too many stretch goals, I could see the team being weary of promising themselves into another delay.

2) Oedipus has already been revealed. He is in an add-on. So I can see the rest of the people you listed either being offered up as add-ons to squeeze the last pennies out of everyone, or they could be holding off to use them as future expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guinoza
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imenhotep's TL;DR:
Show more stretch goals rather than one at a time, since that may motivate faster pledges. Also, stretch goals should be more impressive.

--------------------------------------------------

I agree that showing more than one stretch goal could be good, maybe two. The nature of kickstarter, however, is such that in the middle of the campaign (weeks 2-3 for a month-long campaign) are really low in the pledge numbers. The most pledges are at the start and at the end, since people can always know if they want it or if they have doubts they can wait until the end.

Personally, I think the archer stretch goal looks very good. Bellerophon may be less known than Athena or Achilles, though I think the main draw was the pegasus. Maybe the pegasus alone may have had more impact, and advertised as such.

The only thing that worries me now is that the gorgon mini is a render instead of a sculpt, though the archer is a sculpt. Still, regardless if they deliver late 2017 or early 2018, the game looks great and the mechanics look great. I think this kickstarter is worth 3M+, but may end up in 2M-2.5M. Maybe the box art didn't draw me in initially, but after researching it, it was a must have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
It might work better if they showed 2-3 stretch goals ahead yes, but still, many stretch goals have been accomplished and many great ones too.

I do think that its about time they go with something big for a new goal though.. a titan, god or large creature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorgon is a sculpt not a render, I thought.

Either way that isn't a big deal because some artists prefer to render. Others prefer to sculpt by hand. So, the turnaround shouldn't be different based on that. They have already started tooling the expansions, so they're well on their way to production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
František Orálek
Czech Republic
Blansko
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I think this kickstarter is worth 3M+, but may end up in 2M-2.5M.

Yes i have exactly the same opinion and think if they show more known things now and not in 5-7 days the result will be better

It will be delayed as nearly every kickstarter, have no problem with it, one year later we will all be "suprised" and endlesly discuss it here, 10-15 miniatures more or not.

I dont know how exatly could i express it...if i dont know absolutly anything about of game and look at it on it on ks = the seller for me is titan and some of gods, on 1,2 milions I think its not enough in comparation of posible "wow" efect it could cause with another miniatures like Afrodite or another titan on 1 milion, in my point of view they show slightly less atractive things than in the begining and dont understand it, thats all.

For example massive darkness campaign = generic fantasy game with unimpresive rules, but big creataure figure in every 2 stretchgoal in higher level.

Here are huge andvantage of greek mythology. Why to make Harpy when the harphy could have the name and could siting on the sheep to make things interesting. why 2 scenarios after 50.000 dolars when could be 1 scenario every 25.000 et

And the next man of the morning is ...Aegisthus..lets find who he is, have no idea, i always wanted him as kick starter exclusive, not some nasty monster for example. Sorry for sarkasm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it just started?

I thought I had missed time since it said 9 or 10 days left.

Anyway they seem to have pulled in a lot of money so ..

Don't understand why they would only run for 10 days though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
The KS started on Nov 1st
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Must say it's a long wait for Aphrodite ...

But I don't see how SGs are going to influence the pledge rate a lot. Backers have already backed and potential backers will back the full game, not a stretch goal.
That said, I wouldn't mind 2 SGs being revealed at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:

But I don't see how SGs are going to influence the pledge rate a lot. Backers have already backed and potential backers will back the full game, not a stretch goal.

wouldn't mind either.
On the other hand I can understand how not revealing stuff early let them shift stuff around (items and sg levels).
right now we are in the SG territory of first reactions like "The who?" or "the what?"

much of their sg strategy seems to be influenced by the SGs grouped for addons which they really wanted to be complete before anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
František Orálek
Czech Republic
Blansko
Unspecified
flag msg tools
ok thats make sense, the point will be to sell addons at discount so why to show the basic pldege is enough
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Teowulff wrote:

Aphrodite is the most needed right now (aswell as a new Poseidon classical version!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And one of those we will actually get...

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I love to see all of a campaigns stretch goals laid out at the beginning. So you have something to shoot for.

However from a financial stand point, I understand why some companies hold them back.
The goal is to make them achievable but realistic.
If a company grossly overestimates how much money they will get, they may make stretch goals unreachable. And this can turn off backers.

And if they underestimate the success, the streych goals that they thought would last 30 days, may all be hit in half the time.

So some savvy companies watch the daily pledges, and releases goals to match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FILS DES LOUPS wrote:
..aswell as a new Poseidon classical version!)

I doubt that we see any duplicates of Poseidon, Hera or Hepheistos given that they are basically the defining elements in their big boxes, because of which it doesn't really make sense to reproduce them from a marketing perspective.

besides, producing alternate versions thankfully doesn't seem to be a priority of this campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
František Orálek
Czech Republic
Blansko
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Ok Helios, Kraken, Recruitment pack, villigers, all-in bundles with silhouette of boxes... In my opinion much better now, they solve the problem for me.

The difference is in feeling...now I am really looking forward to what they show next
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.