Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I especially appreciate how he explains which cities will have concentration camps for the elderly, disabled, homosexuals and Muslims, and also how he plans to have all illegal immigrants processed into complex carbohydrates by the end of 2017.

I do find his little off-script injections endearing too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

I especially appreciate how he explains which cities will have concentration camps for the elderly, disabled, homosexuals and Muslims, and also how he plans to have all illegal immigrants processed into complex carbohydrates by the end of 2017.

Awesome! So he's bringing back Jimmy Carter. Trade protectionism was so popular before Reagan made a hash of things. Maybe Trump can get some advice on China about how to make the public comfortable with wearing those masks in public.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Sarxis wrote:

TPP = 'dustywastebin' of "sophistry" with WHAT 'imbroglio'-else then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Redoing trade deals ain't so easy. The other countries are allowed to defend their interests too. TPP is flawed, but bailing out of it will very likely increase Chinese economic and political influence in the Asia-Pacific region.

Deleting two regs for every one introduced is a fun little soundbite that makes no sense.

Ethics reform. He's banning government officials from being lobbyists and he's pimping his hotels and businesses NOW? He wants to ban government officials from ever lobbying for foreign governments and he wants Giuliani anywhere near his administration?

So much derp there. Simplistic and largely unrealistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bailing on the TPP is going to result in significantly higher prices for consumer goods across the board for years. For example, shoes. The US imports 98% of its footwear. The only major company making shoes domestically is New Balance and tehri CEO estimates it costs 25-35% more than it would to do in Asia.

The US just doesn't have the manufacturing infrastructure it did decades ago, and it's not going to re-develop it in four years because of some tariffs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
Bailing on the TPP is going to result in significantly higher prices for consumer goods across the board for years. For example, shoes. The US imports 98% of its footwear. The only major company making shoes domestically is New Balance and tehri CEO estimates it costs 25-35% more than it would to do in Asia.

The US just doesn't have the manufacturing infrastructure it did decades ago, and it's not going to re-develop it in four years because of some tariffs.

I don't think anybody is looking for a quick fix to our economic woes. I expect it to be a long haul of perseverance and hard work that will get us on track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

I don't think anybody is looking for a quick fix to our economic woes. I expect it to be a long haul of perseverance and hard work that will get us on track.

I thought the same thing about the recovery we are undergoing with Dem's policies, but apparently people want magic economics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

The worst thing that could happen for the standard issue RSP Libtard would be for Trump to succeed. At anything. He already kneecapped the wimps by winning - to my complete surprise. What if he continues winning? What if for everything he fails at he wins at one thing? Does anyone here play poker? I'd give my left nut (the useless one) to be able to win one hand out of three.

Sure, it's just soundbites, but RSP Libtards ought to be loving soundbites, they licked Obama's hairy toes for 8 years every time he uttered a soundbite. I think this short video hints at why this guy beat Hillary. Compare him, at 70 to Obama in his early 50's. He makes Obama look like a lethargic night janitor when you examine the differing energy levels. Obama is a sitter and golf cart passenger who thinks so highly of himself that his preferred method of leading is to lecture the American public on why they aren't special and tell them they have to sacrifice because they are guilty for something-something grandparents, Sioux Indians, slaves, cotton and Hitler. Trump is like the USMC DI who has already done his SSS, ran 20 laps, emptied his inbox and beaten a couple of Commies to death by the time everyone else yawns awake at 6 am. And that scuzzy skank Hillary looks like a fucking Zombie on it's last erg of energy, the jerky kind of Zombie, not the kind Ash always runs into.

Can you imagine the video Hillary would have made if she had won? Fuck me! I can, it'd be an epic condemnation of the basket of deplorables that comprise over half of America and it would go down as a hallmark in baggy old cunt bitch fests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

Here's the question then. Why? Why do we want to bring manufacturing back to the US? How will that get us "back on track"? If the Chinese can make sneakers way cheaper than us, why would we make Americans pay more for them? Who benefits in the long term from that? We can't compete with developing countries on the price of human labor, so why the hell would we try?

No, people looking to "bring manufacturing back" are looking for a quick fix. They see this obsoleted workforce and think they need to give them the same old jobs they got obsoleted out of. What's the end game there? Are we just going to tariff the shit out of imports in perpetuity? Because as I said, we will never, ever compete on cost with a developing country.

The long term strategy is totally different. We need to be focusing on our strengths. We're a wealthy and educated nation compared to manufacturing heavy nations. Training the emerging workforce on relevant future skills should be our goal, not making sure they have a factory to work to death in.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not crapping on the blue collar workers. We absolutely need plumbers, electricians, HVAC, etc. There's no shame in the skilled trades. But they work because those jobs need to be local and aren't competing on the global stage.

It's not going to be the 1950's again, no matter how much you "persevere". The world moves forward, not backwards. Other countries are trying to be where we were in the 50's. Let them. We're in the 21st century. If we're not adapting to compete with the rest of world on our own strengths rather than trying to compete with theirs we're going to lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
McJarvis wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

I thought the same thing about the recovery we are undergoing with Dem's policies, but apparently people want magic economics.

Never underestimate the Democrats' ability to get in the way of economic recovery!

FDR, I'm looking at you!

damiangerous wrote:

Here's the question then. Why? Why do we want to bring manufacturing back to the US? How will that get us "back on track"?

You are really asking this question, aren't you? This is really happening? I haven't been hit in the head with a hammer and am hallucinating it?

Sorry, but not everyone can work in the Portable Nuclear Reactor industry, or the Arms industry. That's what you mean right? Super high tech jobs are what everyone needs to do in America or else move to Cambodia to make clothing, yes?

If it was going to happen, don't you think it would have happened already?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.