Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
Some buddies bought this TV series to my attention, and after four episodes of season 1, it's not too bad!

Basically, it's set 20 years before Stevenson's "Treasure Island" and features the backstory of Captain Flint. The interesting bit is it set in Nassau/New Providence and features several historical pirates - Rackham, Vane, Hornigold, Bonney, etc.

Despite Charles Vane looking as if he's been shot out of a man cannon, it's worth a look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin McCleary
United States
Huachuca City
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it is an awesome series, I was hooked from the first episode. I even went and read Treasure Island just to get some of the back story.

Season 3 is now available on DVD. Season 4 will be the final season. An ending far too soon but all good things...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
If you eat your burrito over a tortilla, anything that falls out will simply start building your next burrito!
badge
The first rule of chess club; Hide from fight club.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does "man cannon" mean what I think it means?

Despite that, thanks for the recommendation. The show does look interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
robertg611 wrote:
Does "man cannon" mean what I think it means?

Dunno - mega-hunk, six pack, some Fabio hair action, good teeth.

Another surprise is Mark Ryan being in the cast. He was in one of my all-time favorite shows - Robin of Sherwood as a Saracen who barely spoke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradshaw
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As an owner of Blackbeard and a general fan of this historical chapter I have followed Black Sails from the off. It's good stuff and I am currently two episodes into series three and it is just getting better and better. arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.