Subject: Curse of the Rougarou setup broken? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raleigh of Borg
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says separate them into 4 piles by trait. So there are four stacks. One is all riverside one is all New Orleans one is all wilderness and one unhallowed. Then you take a random pile and toss it. Then pick random pile to play and toss the other two. So when you are done you have one pile of all the same name. And they all have the same symbols on the top, wtf? It makes no sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Billups
msg tools
mb
The final two are not removed from the game, but set aside to put in play later... It confused me too. You should have one random stack removed. One in Play, and the other two will come into play later. This allows for more replayability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Griffith
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mb
Don't look to the names look to the traits for the four stacks. Each stack will have three locations one of which is Bayou traited in addition to its other trait. Each Bayou will allow you to move to any other Bayou and within its own group of similarly traited locations. It does read a bit wonky but makes sense after moving around a couple of times on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopeless setup I think. Why on earth not put all 9 cards out? None of the other setups say put locations aside. Not remotely clear to me that I could just move from my riverside bayou to a card not even in play. Rant off

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found setup to be pretty simple and clearly explained
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. My bad. Trust the cards and it works out in the end. Should've played more before posting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just do what the setup cards say. I agree the first time I played Rougarou the setup seemed strange, but it will all make sense as you go through the scenario. In Rougarou the majority of stuff on the encounter side starts set aside out of play. You just gotta trust the instructions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arkham Chronicle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could watch the setup video.
If you like that sort of thing.
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=tlibd6z3Dcg

The Arkham Chronicle Gang
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
I did in fact watch your setup vid - and liked it. Just didn't believe it! You're turning into a great resource, keep it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.