Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Loomis
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this at BGG.con and really enjoyed the experience. However, there were a couple concerns. First, the game can drag on and has the potential to overstay its welcome. Second, there is very little variability from round to round in the actions since only one card is unknown (although what can be done with the action cards can be vastly different). It seems pretty easy to deduce where the key cards are around the table.

For the first issue, we are considering playing to only 5 (territories, clans, shrines) instead of 6. This should in most cases shorten the game by at least one round, likely more, and doesn't seem like it would affect the enjoyment of the game.

For the second issue, when playing with 3 players we are considering keeping all the cards in the deck so there will be 5 removed instead of 1, which would allow for more variability and surprises.

Please feel free to comment!

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion Harrison
United States
Glens Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tloomis wrote:
For the second issue, when playing with 3 players we are considering keeping all the cards in the deck so there will be 5 removed instead of 1, which would allow for more variability and surprises.

I like the idea of not removing the cards that are demarcated for a 4-player game. I've played only once with 3 players, and I was sad that there were four more unique cards that we didn't get to see at all.
However, this game is all about knowing what cards are out there, and having an idea of where some of the cards likely are. I would suggest, instead of just discarding 5 cards before the draft, you draft a 5-card hand and either keep that hand (and just play with 5 card hands) or you make each player discard one card at the end of the draft so you're back down to 4-card hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.