$35.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

London Dread» Forums » Rules

Subject: Endgame clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
oren kostin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,
I'm about to play the first scenario, but I don't understand the antagonist card.
The spellcraft icon equals any icon. What does that mean?
Does it have anything to do with the final showdown or is it an additional rule only for the 3 challenges that the characters will encounter?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime de Marcos
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnwoo wrote:
Hi,
I'm about to play the first scenario, but I don't understand the antagonist card.
The spellcraft icon equals any icon. What does that mean?
Does it have anything to do with the final showdown or is it an additional rule only for the 3 challenges that the characters will encounter?


In the endgame of the first scenario, spellcraft icons can be used to match any icon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
jdemarcos wrote:
johnwoo wrote:
Hi,
I'm about to play the first scenario, but I don't understand the antagonist card.
The spellcraft icon equals any icon. What does that mean?
Does it have anything to do with the final showdown or is it an additional rule only for the 3 challenges that the characters will encounter?


In the endgame of the first scenario, spellcraft icons can be used to match any icon.


Jaime has it right.
When participating in the end game challenges, you may use items (or cards dealt from the investigation deck) showing the Spellcraft icon s any icon you require.

-Josh
Grey Fox Games
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... but the rules contradict this.

The story book literally says the special effect is related to the final showdown, and the rulebook makes it clear the final showdown is distinct from the end game challenges.

I don't doubt you're right, but wanted to highlight the rulebook literally says something else, and maybe this should be addressed.


Edit: To be more clear.

The story guide clearly states:




And the rules define "final showdown" clearly as:



Which would lead one to believe the symbols were relevant only at the final showdown portion, which is distinct from the end game challenges.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
The printed rulebook also fails to mention that you are supposed to deal out the cards from the deck of cards you've collected.

I believe the FAQ does formally acknowledge the gap you've highlighted here and explain that this bonus was meant to apply for all the challenges. (Especially because the icon you're referring to here isn't very helpful in the final final roll because it wouldn't give you dice.)

I think you just have to accept the clarifications here as official. (I've written them into my rulebook with a sharpie so I don't forget.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
The printed rulebook also fails to mention that you are supposed to deal out the cards from the deck of cards you've collected.

I believe the FAQ does formally acknowledge the gap you've highlighted here and explain that this bonus was meant to apply for all the challenges. (Especially because the icon you're referring to here isn't very helpful in the final final roll because it wouldn't give you dice.)

I think you just have to accept the clarifications here as official. (I've written them into my rulebook with a sharpie so I don't forget.)


True, very true. Hence the "I don't doubt" line in my comment.

I only called it out because I hadn't seen anybody mention that on here before, and maybe the publisher will correct these issues for a future printing.

Still, it's a decent enough game. It fills a void left by Space Alert's failure to engage my group (while still leaving space for Space Alert to eventually return).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.