T.I.M.E Stories: A Prophecy of Dragons» Forums » Rules

Subject: How does Location 7 work? (spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J C
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So we barely reached that location before our run expired, but before we embark on another, we want to make sure we have the rules right.

We had one glyph, which I guess allowed us to look behind only one of the cards (we did but couldn't attempt the test as we ran out of TU at that moment), but suppose it led to a dead end. We'd have to leave that location and reset it to attempt another?

Does holding more glyphs allow us simply to choose another tunnel right away upon dead end? Or would we be allowed to see all from the start to choose the right path, which seems much more useful?

Basically, we're not sure how much of an advantage getting all the glyphs gives us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
With only one glyph you have to leave the location, come back, shuffle the three cards again and have to try it again.

With more than one glyph you can directly switch to another card either after revealing a dead end or directly after revealing the B,C or D card if you know that this card will lead you to a dead end.

So it's possible to solve this location with one glyph but you have to be lucky since you have to leave, go to another location, come back to location 7, shuffle the three cards again and choose the right one this time. I think this costs you more TU than you have to spare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
ZdadrDeM wrote:
With only one glyph you have to leave the location, come back, shuffle the three cards again and have to try it again.

With more than one glyph you can directly switch to another card either after revealing a dead end or directly after revealing the B,C or D card if you know that this card will lead you to a dead end.

So it's possible to solve this location with one glyph but you have to be lucky since you have to leave, go to another location, come back to location 7, shuffle the three cards again and choose the right one this time. I think this costs you more TU than you have to spare.

Makes sense. Thank you!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.