Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been a long time since I have had the chance to get on here. I have been busy with District-Z: The Cult which is now out of my hands. I have also been working on Slaughterville 2 (no catchy subtitle just yet) with a giant box to hold all current and future content, 6 new Locations, and at least 3 new Villains (including Dracula...). That is set to launch after the delivery of The Cult. We are working on getting enough copies of The Cult Invades for those that missed that expansion that has changed the face of Slaughterville!!

Also, and coming very soon (read within a week or 2) is the Kickstarter for the reprint of Slaughterville. This will include all of the original base game content with an important addition...a new rule book that was reviewed and edited to create an even more streamlined play experience. Most importantly is the removal of that dreaded player elimination!! We will offer the rule book up as a PDF for all once George gets it nice and pretty. We want to have the game (which sold out in 2 weeks) get back into people's hands and in the spotlight especially with our next announcement:

We are going to some awesome conventions this year!! The first major one on the list is the Harrisburg Comic Con in Harrisburg, PA (http://www.hbgcomiccon.com/). We will be gaming with celebrity guests from Arrow, Agents of SHIELD, and many more! Can we get their likeness for Slaughterville 2? Only time, and my ability to charm, can tell! We are also going to be at GenCon this year! As long as everything pans out correctly and it is looking good. We would love to hit Origins, and BGGCon, and many others but that depends on support and time. We hope to see all of you there at these great places. Until then, have fun and see you around town!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
We will offer the rule book up as a PDF for all once George gets it nice and pretty.

Will that be a final rule book or will you still be able to make necessary edits? I'm wondering if any of my suggested edits made the cut

Will Slaughterville II come with the revised rulebook for Slaughterville? or maybe even as a cheap an add-on if you need some help covering printing costs
I'm not much of a fan of having to print out rulebooks, rather have the real thing (especially if it's easier to fit in the original box)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
Quote:
We will offer the rule book up as a PDF for all once George gets it nice and pretty.

Will that be a final rule book or will you still be able to make necessary edits? I'm wondering if any of my suggested edits made the cut

Will Slaughterville II come with the revised rulebook for Slaughterville? or maybe even as a cheap an add-on if you need some help covering printing costs
I'm not much of a fan of having to print out rulebooks, rather have the real thing (especially if it's easier to fit in the original box)

Excellent questions!! I have definitely taken your and the myriad of other suggestions into account when making the final rule set (especially the hatred of the player elimination...it is gone now). The rules will be in Slaughterville II (The Re-Slaughtering?) and we have considered, for the reprint campaign coming soon, the option to get the rules printed separately for those that do not want to wait for Slaughterville 2 (The Not Really The Final Chapter) to have the printed rules. If we do allow for that, it will be for the nominal cost of the booklet and the shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The reprint Kickstarter page is almost ready. We are working on one or two little internal issues and should be ready by the weekend!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Fullerton
United States
California
flag msg tools
Any updates? I've been checking Kickstarter religiously, and can't wait to try and get a copy of the reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We have the preview page ready and are about to hit go. Finalizing the backstage shipping and so on and we can hit go soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John T
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maverick444 wrote:
We have the preview page ready and are about to hit go. Finalizing the backstage shipping and so on and we can hit go soon

Care to share the preview page as I'm really excited for this project!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
johnneh wrote:
maverick444 wrote:

Care to share the preview page as I'm really excited for this project!

Or better yet...just hit go! Looking forward to this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
George said the launch is 1/8. He wanted to focus on the final manufacturing issue for Cult and we need a Couple of days for video processing. So look for it on 1/8! I will post more info as it comes in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John T
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maverick444 wrote:
George said the launch is 1/8. He wanted to focus on the final manufacturing issue for Cult and we need a Couple of days for video processing. So look for it on 1/8! I will post more info as it comes in

Still not launched?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just talking with George and he is working on it and said it is still on for this evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And we are live with a 24-hour early bird! Not sure on BGG policy for linking to the Kickstarter in here or I would post the link for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maverick444 wrote:
And we are live with a 24-hour early bird! Not sure on BGG policy for linking to the Kickstarter in here or I would post the link for you.

So this is just for the reprint? Not for Slaughterville II?

I know there's a $5 level for new promos but for some reason I thought this was going to be for the expansion/stand alone expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a shame you are not offering the Kickstarter exclusive items in this campaign as well.
There is too much content missing now for me to consider backing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
maverick444 wrote:

So this is just for the reprint? Not for Slaughterville II?

I know there's a $5 level for new promos but for some reason I thought this was going to be for the expansion/stand alone expansion?

Yes, this is just for the reprint. We had others asking if we were doing this and we wanted to get the base game onto the shelves. We will be launching Slaughterville 2 this Spring. And yes, the $5 tier will be for the new promos and characters/allies from this new campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
dbc- wrote:
It is a shame you are not offering the Kickstarter exclusive items in this campaign as well.

Based on the way the pledge levels are worded, it sounds like there will be all new Kickstarter exclusive items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:

I am sorry that you feel that way. Can you let me know which ones that you feel you are missing? All of the Locations and Villains are available via your game store, online, or through our web store. If you mean the promo characters, we will have them available while they last at conventions and appearances. If you are interested in them, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maverick444 wrote:
dbc- wrote:

I am sorry that you feel that way. Can you let me know which ones that you feel you are missing? All of the Locations and Villains are available via your game store, online, or through our web store. If you mean the promo characters, we will have them available while they last at conventions and appearances. If you are interested in them, let me know.

Looking at the original project page there are several villains and locations that are labeled as Kickstarter Exclusive. Are you saying those are actually available to buy?
Your online shop is not available at the moment. So what are the prices?
Also, I cannot seem to locate any retailer in Europe. Do you have a list of retailers?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
maverick444 wrote:
dbc- wrote:

Looking at the original project page there are several villains and locations that are labeled as Kickstarter Exclusive. Are you saying those are actually available to buy?
Also, I cannot seem to locate any retailer in Europe. Do you have a list of retailers?

Thanks.

We did shut the online store for the duration of the Kickstarter but I still have them available. They are $10 each. I do not have a listing of retailers but I just saw that both CoolStuff and Miniature Market were sold out. If you are interested in them, send me a PM and we can discuss it further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheAdmiral wrote:
dbc- wrote:

Based on the way the pledge levels are worded, it sounds like there will be all new Kickstarter exclusive items.

Yes. There will be new promos and the characters/allies will be new for this set. Trying to convince George to become an ally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
maverick444 wrote:
dbc- wrote:

Thanks.

We do have a couple of Deluxe versions on the Kickstarter if you haven't gotten one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Slaughter Continues...devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! There he is! How have you been!?! Thought the rednecks got you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 3 days in, over $10,000 raised! Still need some movement but I have every confidence we will make it! Especially with offering the Cult Invades expansion and more for citizens form our first campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.