Subject: Stuff from Graze.com any good? Your thoughts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They've got a line of snacks that are tasty and supposedly better for you.
https://www.graze.com/us/

EDIT: Being I used to go to Trader Joes a lot, I'm surprised I didn't mention this up front, but Trader Joes is too far away to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Bordeaux
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried the box one time, because I really like the snack box concept as a monthly treat. I just asked for a sampler of everything rather than picking specific stuff. If you look on their website under the Our Food tab you can see some of the stuff they have. My box included 1 Apple Cinnamon Flapjack, 1 Garden of England, 1 Herby Breadbasket, 1 Lightly Salted Popcorn bag, 1 Banana Caramel Dipper, 1 The Cheese Board, 1 Pizza Margherita, and 1 Nut and Fruit mixture one that I can't recall even when browsing through the list of stuff.

All of it was good to exceptional (my top favorites were the Herby Breadbasket and the Garden of England), aside from the popcorn. The popcorn was bland and wasn't very good quality.

I decided not to continue the service after the first box though, due to the quantity. 12$ for 7-9 oz. of snacks just didn't cut it for me even if I thoroughly enjoyed the stuff I got.

If quality over quantity is what you are going for, especially when it comes to healthier snacks, I would definitely recommend it. Or at the very least trying it once since the first box you get is half price. If quantity is a big deal in your decision for this stuff I would look elsewhere. (I would actually still try it one time since the first time is only 6$)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Designer junk food? Seriously? shake

Go to your local Trader Joe's. Half the price and twice the weight. Actual nutrition labels.

They constantly add new products, both seasonally and as part of their Darwinian stocking system: if it doesn't sell well, it goes extinct. For an example of a new product: Gingerbread Cookie Sticks

From the Product Information FAQ, http://www.traderjoes.com/faqs/product-information --

When you see our name on a label, you can be assured that the product contains:

YES quality ingredients
NO artificial flavors¹
NO artificial preservatives²
YES colors derived only from naturally available products³
NO MSG
NO genetically modified ingredients
NO partially hydrogenated oils (artificial trans-fats)
NO "marketing" costs
YES tasting panel approval
YES great price

[¹²³ See the notes at the link.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not tried Graze, but I did do NatureBox for about three months. In line with what Walt has said, I was able to find similar snacks for less at Trader Joe's and, believe it or not, my local farmer's market. If you don't already shop at places like this, what you are ultimately paying for is the convenience of home delivery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trader Joes is a 3+ hour round trip. At best, that'll only happen a few times per year.

However, I have yet to check out the farmer's market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.