Popular Tags: [View All]
dave terry
United States
ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Hello!

I am learning what looks to be a great game, but I had some questions regarding Raise Dead:

I see that on page 8 in the rules, in the Casting Spells section, it states:

"The spell caster must be in the same territory to cast a spell on a target (either friendly or enemy), unless
otherwise noted on the spell card."

However, what is confusing is that most spell cards explicitly reiterate this rule as part of their text, yet Raise Dead does not, which makes the intent of its omission unclear. That leads me to my first question:

- Does the priest have to be in the same territory as the battle to raise the dead from that battle?

- If not, do the raised dead come back into play in the priest's territory, or the territory of the battle?

- The wording of the card also makes it unclear as to whether the priest can raise up to a COMBINED pre-inflationary cost of 16 gold's worth of units (such as two 5-cost units and one 6-cost unit), or if it is only permissible to raise units that cost exactly 16 gold (such as three 16-cost units).

- The card also doesn't make clear whether the raised units must be the same army as the priest, or if it could also
include allied armies, or even if it can raise units from opposing armies (not that this would make sense to do, but the wording of the card doesn't seem to prohibit it.)

Could someone please clarify these points for me?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Bogucki
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All fair points. We could have been more clear with that card for sure.

The Priest must be in the same territory as the units which they would like to raise. They may raise allied units and they may raise a unit or units of up to 16 pre-inflationary cost, for example 3 five cost units OR 1 sixteen cost unit could be raised.

I hope that helps and please feel free to ask any additional questions.
Thanks for playing Warparty!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave terry
United States
ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for the swift response! Can't wait to try this game out this weekend!

Cheers,
Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.