Subject: Event Bridge Engineers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MICHAEL MCGUIRE
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you only use 1 card with the Event Bridge Engineers during the supply phase or can I use 2 cards with Bridge Engineers Event to repair 2 bridges?
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuele Falco
msg tools
mbmbmb
You can play one card only

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
samuele wrote:
You can play one card only

Where is that restriction mentioned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brown
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is differently worded in the various games.

In 2P, it's worded that you can play Engineers (Allies) or Bridge Engineers (Germans) to (emphasis mine) "build and repair bridges". The use of the plural implies (to me) that there is no limit other than number of cards in hand.

In GS, it's a little more confusing. On p 13 of the rules, it says "You may play a Bridge Engineers command event from your hand to repair and build bridges", but in the sequence of play on the back of the rulebook it says "You may play a Bridge Engineers command event to repair or build a bridge". The p13 reference is especially confusing since it mentions playing "a Bridge Engineers command event" but then uses "bridges". I tend to think that it's intended to be a single bridge repair in GS.

Finally, there's no repair/building of bridges mentioned in the AS Supply Phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Sanders
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
re GS I interpreted the wording on the back of the rulebook "You may play a Bridge Engineers command event to repair or build a bridge" to mean that a single card can repair/build one bridge (and not 2+ bridges). i.e. that if you play two cards you can repair/build two bridges, and so on. This interpretation would therefore not conflict with the rule on P13 (I think...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Trovato
Italy
Rome
ITALY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always played that only one Event card can be played

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MICHAEL MCGUIRE
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you can build or repair multiple bridges if you have multiple cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
CommanderMcG wrote:
So you can build or repair multiple bridges if you have multiple cards?

Well that's at least how some of us interpret what the GS rule say. In 2P you can definately do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.