Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Schnell
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done the hot water/ice water trick on the minis with the spears and the leaning-forward female models and a week later they're back to the same condition. Has anyone else had the same problem? I'm trying to do a nice paint job on Inis (I love the results of the painted sanctuary and citadels) and was wondering if there are any other trick to keep these straight, or if I should be resigned to the fact that this softer than normal plastic is going to keep bending one way.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
Yeah I definitely have the same problem. It's the downside of having such detailed models. The poles are just way too thin. They really should have designed them to take the thinness into account. Either to display the spears in a different way, perhaps resting on the rest of the mini, or not use spears at all. The cultist minis from Chaos in the Old world had the same problem.

I haven't tried any way to fix it, as I think it will always just bend itself again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is common with all Matagot games that come with plastic miniatures. This is the result of a rushed manufacturing and/or cheap plastic. You can indeed fix it by boiling water and dipping miniature into it for a few seconds. Are you sure the water was hot enough? It needs to soften the plastic as much as possible before 'freezing' it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
I don't think the miniatures are cheap or rushed. The spears are just too thin. The design is impractical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Schnell
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Cyclades and Kemet and I don't remember such soft plastics. I definitely remember harder plastic on the Cyclades spears. It's a shame because the minis look pretty nice for being so small, and the structures look gorgeous once painted. I just don't know how I'm going to keep the female minis and the spears straight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Schnell
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if coating the spears with something like Citadel Ardcoat to thicken/toughen them up, then doing the hot/cold trick would do anything. That's grasping at straws though.

Yeah, I agree that if you're going to use soft plastic you should avoid spears like the plague.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.