Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it okay to post game review articles in which I do briefly talk about how the game plays, etc., but focus the majority of the article reviewing various prominent strategies that beginning players might want to use or at least should be aware of? Or is it better to completely disaggregate game review articles from strategy articles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Seems fine to me. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That just sounds like you want to write a strategy article, but call it a review for some reason. If you're writing about strategy, why call it a review?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Rainer
Canada
Nanaimo
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love strategy articles. My main contributions to BGG have been strategy articles. Unfortunately, I don't think that they are in fact reviews, and regretfully, I believe that it is not appropriate to submit them as such.

So you and I will have to keep writing them, and submitting them to forums for no up-front GG credit, and with no moderation system for quality control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
krainer wrote:
I love strategy articles. My main contributions to BGG have been strategy articles. Unfortunately, I don't think that they are in fact reviews, and regretfully, I believe that it is not appropriate to submit them as such.

So you and I will have to keep writing them, and submitting them to forums for no up-front GG credit, and with no moderation system for quality control.

UNfortunatly, I enjoy reading strategy articles, I havent written one myself yet. But I think this really needs to be geekmodded and recieve GG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
krainer wrote:

I always thought the "Strategy" section in the game forums was more for free-form strategy questions, while formal strategy articles might be better suited for the modded sections of the website. You have to admit, these are two very different concepts, and it doesn't really make much sense to throw them all in the same category...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Machado
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Phrim wrote:
krainer wrote:

I always thought the "Strategy" section in the game forums was more for free-form strategy questions, while formal strategy articles might be better suited for the modded sections of the website. You have to admit, these are two very different concepts, and it doesn't really make much sense to throw them all in the same category...

I'm more of a lurker here than a contributer, but I would love to see strategy articles + posts promoted to a more important status on this board....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.