$20.00
James Boutilier
Canada
Upper Tantallon
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cross posting in base game forum ----

I have to watch my gravely depleted dollars, but the expansion seemed interesting, even before I looked into the base game.

I can't afford to just buy "another of the same" game.
I'll only be Solo Playing.

Can anyone familiar with the games in the Title, offer if this game with expansion is Quite Different in Gameplay & Goal from Imperial (also have a bunch of expansions) & Castles ??? Especially for Solo-Only play?

....and, even though there are limited cards, it does seem to have high replayability, even when the storyline has been played through in the expansion.

Thoughts?

Is this worth another $37 engine purchase?

* Now I think about it...I do also have Harbour --- build buildings to produce goods to sell at market for points. But not really any chaining happening, and the buildings can manipulate the goods some, more just into other base goods for market.

((note: I decided not to buy 51st State because the new version was too samey as Imperial Settlers, even though I love the art))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Either you have something wrong or I did not understand your question. This whole game (and the expansion) consists of 100 cards or so.

So, you can say it is a miniaturized version of Imperial settlers. It does not cost 35$ and it has a waaay smaller footprint. Also, it does not look so much for a build a combo thing. Indeed, you chain productions...but in a much smaller setting than imperial settlers.

The only close thing with Harbour is that they are both small games, but in my opinion Harbour does not have meaningful choices (this one has a lot).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boutilier
Canada
Upper Tantallon
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi. thanks, the game+expansion IS $37 for me.
I know its only a card game.
I was just asking for comparisons.
Thanks kindly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Price
Canada
Quispamsis
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jim,

I think this game is worth the investment. I'm not a fan of Imperial Settlers, but I've really enjoyed this game. Also, I've easily gotten more play than my money's worth - I can't imagine you regretting it!

Justin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.