Subject: Spiderbots - can they move, fire, assault when first activated? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Sorry to spam the forums, but I think it is best to have separate threads so these rule questions can be easily found.

Question - can Spiderbots move, fire, assault the phase they are activated? The rules say they can, but Mark in a separate thread said this rule was deleted. However I seem to recall a backtrack on this but I can't find it.

Many thanks for any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The backtrack you can't find is in the comments of the living rules document found on the Flying Pig website. There Mark goes back again and says that they can Move, Fire or Move and Fire. I play them by this it doesn't seem badly balanced against most other powers in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks Max. I knew I had seen this somewhere. Ok, so I will play it as originally written.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we get an official ruling on this one Mark?

It makes A LOT of difference, it's not a minor thing for half the community (of any game) to play differently than the other half.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bowmangr wrote:

It makes A LOT of difference, it's not a minor thing for half the community (of any game) to play differently than the other half.

Hi Y'all,

As it states on page 21 of the rules, "The Spiderbots may, Fire, Move or Move and Fire during the impulse that they are placed."

Thanks for all the rules input. We are working on a revision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Holt Walker wrote:
Bowmangr wrote:

Hi Y'all,

As it states on page 21 of the rules, "The Spiderbots may, Fire, Move or Move and Fire during the impulse that they are placed."

Thanks for all the rules input. We are working on a revision.

Thanks for an excellent game Mark! Altough the rulebook might feel better from some clarifications I don't currently refer to it that often. The gameplay is very intuitive and fluid. I really love this game, trying to finish the campaign before '65 hits me! And after that OST Vol I and II!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Max,

I really appreciate those words. I love the system, but that counts for nothing. :-) I want to see other people enjoy it.

I hope that you;ll also like '65.

Best,

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.