10 Posts

Vinhos Deluxe Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Vinhos at $87, worth it for solo player? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Guys being a bit new to the hobby I discovered the pleasure of euro games. Right now I'm having a blast with a feast for odin and scythe! Now I found a guy that wants to sell his copy of vinhos at USD87 and the GS at $50, is the price ok? Also how would you compare vinhos to a feast for Odin ?

Edit: guy just said $85 with all the SG and shipping wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilse
Belgium
Kortenberg
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Vinhos at $87, worth it ?
Go for it !

Edit: Vinhos is a completely different game than the other 2 you just mentioned. Personally I find it easier to grasp because of the theme. It really works well thematicly. It's also more economic than the previous mentioned games. I suggest you watch a video on it, both Rahdo and Gaming rules! have great descriptions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Its a good price although a tad fishy seeing as how KS backers have just recently received their copy and I think would have paid a minimum of $96. Seems weird that they would be willing to sell it at a loss so early

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's with it. Got mine for more and don't regret it. A beautiful game and a lot of fun to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Nordahl
Denmark
Vordingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed the Vinhos Deluxe on Kickstarter, and ended up paying 85$ including freight.

I can recommend the game, as a solid Euro. Especially the Original way of playing I enjoy. The 2016 version included is a bit "lighter", and not as much of a brain burner as the original, but with the double sided board you have both options.

If you dig Vital's games, his Lisboa game just launched on Kickstarter last week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Forgot to mention , how good is the solo mode ? I will be mainly playing it solo , still worth it ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Engelbrecht-Gollander
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dgenclass wrote:
Forgot to mention , how good is the solo mode ? I will be mainly playing it solo , still worth it ?

I think the Solo version actually feels a lot like playing a two player version of the game. I like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Barber
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
dgenclass wrote:

It's tough for certain. Lacerda is a wicked opponent, but it's a great game altogether!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dgenclass wrote:
Guys being a bit new to the hobby I discovered the pleasure of euro games. Right now I'm having a blast with a feast for odin and scythe! Now I found a guy that wants to sell his copy of vinhos at USD87 and the GS at $50, is the price ok? Also how would you compare vinhos to a feast for Odin ?

Edit: guy just said $85 with all the SG and shipping wow

$85 shipped with SGs is a great price!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My copy should be here tomorrow, thanks guys for the answers !

Any advices for a newbie in vinhos? Keep in mind I'm gonna solo the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.