Subject: Fire combat too powerful? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Orr
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
So I recently got my first game in, and really loved it! I had one concern: fire combat seemed too powerful for the period. I only played the White Mountain scenario, and interpreted the ratio determination to be the attacking fire strength vs. the defending terrain defense modifier, which was usually 3. This meant that if 3 units shot at the same target, the fire combat ratio was 5:1 quite frequently. In most other games I've ever played, those odds are rare. Fire combat also hits more frequently than melee, even though Disrupted is a more common result in Fire. This isn't a complaint, just an observation. Perhaps I'm calculating the odds wrong?

Another question: per the errata, units at higher elevations can fire over occupied hexes of lower elevation. It doesn't say so, but does that reciprocate to units at lower elevations being able to target enemies at higher elevations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.