SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Renowned Builder ability question - no spoilers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to check the specifics of the Renowned Builder's ability before getting to my first game (FINALLY! ) tomorrow.

His text reads:

The Renowned Builder wrote:
Gain an additional glory if you buy a structure using only gold this turn.

I've read this so far to mean "If you buy a structure without discounting it via a goods cube". Is that correct? My double-check was because using a goods cube gives you a discount rather than being part of the cost per se.

And while there's obviously no other way to buy buildings in the as-opened box (which would be enough to be sure about the original interpretation in a non-Legacy game) with SeaFall it's possible it's just covering future bases. (If this is the case, obviously please answer with nothing more than "he'll still apply when you get a discount with a goods cube, his limitations are for future spoilers").

So: if you have the Renowned Builder, and build a structure gaining a discount from a goods cube, do you get just the normal 1 glory, or do you get 2?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Braasch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Your first interpretation is correct. You're spending a goods cube for the discount, and then you didn't build it spending only gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.