Hide
6 Posts

Eldritch Horror: Strange Remnants» Forums » Rules

Subject: Relics of the Ancient World Mystery question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivar Haugland
msg tools
The mystery states: After an investigator flips a RELIC unique asset he may place 1 Eldritch token on this card. If he does,he discards this RELIC unique asset.

Question: Do i get to use effect of the asset before discarding?If yes, does this also apply if the effect in itself is triggered by discarding the asset?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Strange Remnants rules sheet FAQ:

Quote:
Q. If an investigator discards a Relic Unique Asset as a part of its
flip effect, can he still place an Eldritch token on the Relics of the
Ancient World Mystery?

A. Yes. The Mystery gives the investigator the option to both
place an Eldritch token on the Mystery and discard the Relic
Unique Asset. The investigator may choose to resolve this effect
even if he can resolve only part of the full effect.

To be even more detailed in the explanation: Relics of the Ancient World triggers "after" flipping the Relic, which is a later trigger than resolving the text on the back (which occurs "on" flipping it). Even if the text of the Relic causes it to be discarded, you still flipped it, so the Mystery lets you place a token on it. Having placed a token, you then have to discard the Relic - but if the Relic's already been discarded, then you can't discard it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ivardo wrote:
The mystery states: After an investigator flips a RELIC unique asset he may place 1 Eldritch token on this card. If he does,he discards this RELIC unique asset.

Question: Do i get to use effect of the asset before discarding?If yes, does this also apply if the effect in itself is triggered by discarding the asset?

1) The answer is in the FAQ that was included in the Strange Remnants box.
2) If you look at the rules subforum of this expansion...
...you'll see two other threads on this subject, on the very first page of results.
Both of this threads would inform you that the answer is in the FAQ that was included in the Strange Remnants box.
3) Forum search yields all these results, but I agree that it's pretty unobtrusive.
4) Google search also finds the answer.

With Strange Remnants being out for that long, whatever question you may come up with, it's very likely that someone already asked it and already got the answer.
Please, at the very least use Google.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivar Haugland
msg tools
Thanks to Simon for the answer.
Also, sorry for not checking the forum.Rookie mistake.In my defence i did google first, but did'nt find the answer there.I will be more thorough in future endeavours for knowledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haroth9842 wrote:
ivardo wrote:

1) The answer is in the FAQ that was included in the Strange Remnants box.
2) If you look at the rules subforum of this expansion...
[snip]...you'll see two other threads on this subject, on the very first page of results.
Well, if we're harshin' on people... I'd like to point out that "very first page" is stretching it somewhat: that's a non-default forum page layout. One thread I'll grant you, but two? Harsh.

I'm not above a little "teaching folk to fish", but play nice, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ivardo wrote:
Thanks to Simon for the answer.
Also, sorry for not checking the forum.Rookie mistake.In my defence i did google first, but did'nt find the answer there.I will be more thorough in future endeavours for knowledge.
Fear not. Not everyone's search-fu is grandmaster level, neither is everyone's facility with the game page (especially the new layout). Some of us who've been around these forums a little while (especially those of us who started on the Arkham Horror forums) are used to answering the same question on a 6-monthly rotation and actually don't mind that much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.