Dave Bennett
United Kingdom
Par
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What can we do to get this game more exposure? goo
I've tweeted, 'facebooked', recommended to my neighbours and their dogs. Such a great looking game concept and the imagery is excellent. I guess the video and preview of a rulebook would help. Someone also suggested about adding the English language notification in a prominent space on the main image.

This really deserves to be funded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Provide USD values for the MX$ values - those are big numbers that look scary

Get a prototype into the hands of several influential reviewers, perhaps they will appreciate being the one to "break" the Mexican design industry (hey, it happened to Poland!)

Put up a gameplay video (presumably at least a prototype exists?)

Personally, I really like the look of the game (love the visual style in particular), but the (Kickstarter) market is somewhat saturated with Mythos-based games and dungeon crawls - especially lighter ones like this - at the moment. The project needs to do something really spectacular to break through the "who are these people" and "yawn... what more..." barriers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bennett
United Kingdom
Par
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do agree with the MX$ values - i almost clicked away on first viewing.

Apparently a video and review are coming - hopefully they help a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter is hugely competitive. Even those that are super backers on the site only have so much income to put towards projects.

Then add other board game releases (either upcoming or just out) and it's really hard to make a dent.

A gameplay or instructional preview video is a requirement these days. If you're not well known or established you can't hope for success without one.

A presence on BGG really helps too. I can see that the designer has uploaded photos so he has an account. Promising. More photos of the game in greater detail (not just people playing it) would help. Concept art and the like.

Even a developer blog posted in the forums. Get people talking and visiting the page.

Kickstarters are hard. Really really hard. They take a lot of time and energy. They are like big festival or event. There is a lot of planning that happens way before the event date itself. A lot of prep and promotion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You might add it to Kickstarter Pure Cooperative Board Game Projects.

On the campaign, show shipping costs without having to begin the pledge process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castillo
Mexico
flag msg tools
hi!! yeah the mxn values looks like to much but, $1 USD is like $20 MXN Pesos so... dont worry to much for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alambron wrote:
hi!! yeah the mxn values looks like to much but, $1 USD is like $20 MXN Pesos so... dont worry to much for that.
You're missing the point. We can do the maths - but will anybody bother, or will they just move on when they see the big value? I've seen plenty of campaigns that do business in non-dollar currencies, I'm pretty sure that they all at least provide the $ equivalent somewhere prominent. If even 1 in 10 potential backers skips on because thy can't be bothered to convert the currency, can the project afford that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Araiza
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Vote on the most anticipated list of games... Just being voted helps. I added the entry.

[=https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/217265/20-most-anticipate...?][/]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
alambron wrote:
You're missing the point. We can do the maths - but will anybody bother, or will they just move on when they see the big value? I've seen plenty of campaigns that do business in non-dollar currencies, I'm pretty sure that they all at least provide the $ equivalent somewhere prominent. If even 1 in 10 potential backers skips on because thy can't be bothered to convert the currency, can the project afford that?

Agree here. You see this very large $630 amount (in pesos), and then a tiny little $30 US underneath it. Unfortunately, many people could see the $630 and just click away without really looking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Huygen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the costs in Mexican pesos surely doesn,t add more backers. But I think it is to late to coreect that one. We should do some promoting and it would help if there where some Stretch goals to let the game grow and motivate backers extra for promoting it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Punch Board Therapy
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like a common thing that many of us quickly passed it by when we saw the pricing but didn't take the time to realize it wasn't in USD. One thing I would recommend, if possible, is to put the USD pricing next MXN on the stretch goal graphic.

In the end, I am happy that I took a closer look at this game and didn't miss it. Hopefully, we can get many more people to notice it as well and open all the stretches goal; the expansion out the gate would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iván Escalante Victoria
Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
Kickstarter just opened doors to mexicans, these are the first projects of that country ever. And Kickstarter doesn't allows them to put their goals in American Dollars, KS forced them to put their money concurrency in Mexican Pesos. And for backers is not fair to put a "value" in dollars because the price of the Peso is changing everyday, sometimes it goes up and others goes down, so backers could feel scamed if the quote is different when they pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Peña
Uruguay
Ciudad de la Costa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should put an aproximate. I've seen that in Canadian, Australian and British games I've backed in the past, and everyone knows it is an aproximation. You can even go a step further and put a FAQ regarding the variable exchange rate. I'm glad KS is now open to México. Viva Mexico, cabr0n€$ !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.