Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
THE BLOCKBUSTER OF THE SUMMER HAS RETURNED!

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Redux is similar to the first run, but rules have been fixed and special abilities are not guaranteed to be the same as last time.

Standard werewolf rules apply:
No editing of vote posts.
Chatting is done through Cassy.

Rating: PG-13

Game starts July 9th, 2007.
Lynch will be at 8:00 PM. Night orders due by 10:00 PM.
You may talk at night, but not reveal any role information.

Voting:

During the day players vote on players to lynch in bold using the Cassandra system:
[Vote Rukasu]
Before voting someone else players must first unvote whomever they were voting for before:
[Unvote Rukasu]
[Vote Guy with Wig]

The player with the most votes is lynched. Ties are broken by Gov. Weatherby Swann. If Gov. Swann dies, then ties will be broken by LHLV.

Role Reveals:
Only the status of the player will be revealed at lynch: Cursed, Pirate or Good. Once the curse has been lifted, the players will be revealed only as Pirate or Good. (The Ghost Pirates will, of course, be revealed as 'Pirate.')

Will Turner will be revealed as a Pirate until the curse is lifted.

Roles will be revealed from the night kill.

The Cursed:

Ghost Pirates-The Ghost Pirates are cursed men. They stole the Aztec gold, and in retribution a terrible curse was placed upon them. They achieve a minor victory by either lifting the curse or reaching parity with the remaining players. If they accomplish both then they win a major victory.

Each night the Ghost Pirates (Barbossa, Koehler and the Undead Monkey) choose one player to murder. They may also decide to "Draw Blood" instead. The Lowly Crew (Pintel and Raggeti) do not have any night powers, but do count toward parity. So even if Barbossa, Koehler and the Undead Monkey are dead (and thus no more night kills are possible) the game continues.

Barbossa:

“For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it. Too long I've been starving to death and haven't died. I feel nothing. Not the wind on my face nor the spray of the sea, nor the warmth of a woman's flesh.”

Barbossa may have one or more of the following special abilities:

Sea-hardened.
Acquiesce.
Fury.
Ghost Walk.

May chat with Koehler and the Undead Monkey.

Koehler:

“You know nothing of hell.”

Koehler may have one or more of the following special abilities:

Sea-hardened.
Fury.
Séance.
Ghost Walk.

May chat with Barbossa and the Undead Monkey.

Undead Monkey (Jack):

“Craaa!”

Sneaking: Each night the Undead Monkey may spy on one person, and will discover whether or not they are the child of Bootstrap Bill. Both William Turner and Elizabeth Swann return as positive. The monkey will also find out whether or not the chosen player has the Gold Medallion (and will be informed whether or not that player receives it in the future). It receives a random Night 0 view.

May chat with Barbossa and Koehler.

Ghost Pirates- The Lowly Crew
The Lowly Crew have the same winning conditions as the other Ghost Pirates, and count toward parity.

Pintel:

“'Ello, poppet."

Can chat with Ragetti. Knows the identity of Barbossa.

Ragetti:

“Bloody Pirates.”

Can chat with Pintel. Knows the identity of Barbossa.

The Good:

Port Royal-These characters win a major victory if all of the Ghost Pirates are killed or captured.

William Turner:

"I practice three hours a day, so when I meet a pirate, I can kill it."

Noble Rescuer: Each night picks a player to protect. He cannot protect the same player two nights in a row. He may also not protect himself. The protected player is safe from the night kill.

William Turner cannot be lynched--when attempted the lynch will fail.

He may be captured by the Commodore until the curse is lifted.

Elizabeth Swann:

“You like pain? Try wearing a corset.”

Trapped in a Ghost Story: Each night Elizabeth picks a living player. She will learn whether or not that player is a Ghost Pirate (she will not receive the view results until she has been rescued). If the curse has been lifted, all views will come back as negative except for the Undead Monkey and the Tinker. She does not receive a random Night 0 view.

Woman's Intuition: Instead of using "Trapped in a Ghost Story," Elizabeth may view a dead player and learn whether or not they were a Ghost Pirate. Even if the curse has been lifted, she will receive the correct view. In this case, the Tinker will not show up as a Ghost Pirate.

Governor Weatherby Swann:

"Hang him!"

Influence: Gov. Swann breaks tied lynch votes.

Her Majesty's Navy-
These men of service win a major victory if Jack Sparrow and his crew are all killed or captured, and there is a Commodore still alive at that time. They win a minor victory if all of the Ghost Pirates are killed or captured, and at least one Pirate has been captured.

Commodore Norrington:

"I intend to see to it that any man who sails under a pirate flag or wears a pirate brand gets what he deserves: a short drop and a sudden stop."

Pirate Hunting: Each night the Commodore may pick a player. If that player is Pintel, Ragetti, Jack Sparrow, Mr. Gibbs, Anamaria or Will Turner (until the curse is lifted) then Norrington captures them. He may also capture Barbossa and Koehler after the curse has been lifted. The Commodore will confiscate any items they may have had, but will not learn their role.

If Norrington dies, then Gillette is promoted to Commodore and receives
the ability “Pirate Hunting.”

If Elizabeth Swann is rescued, then Norrington receives either a Bottle of Rum or a Single Shot Pistol.

If he captures two pirates, then he will receive the Rapier.

The Commodore may veto the hanging of a player in prison.

Lt. Gillette:

"This ship cannot be crewed by two men. You'll never make it out of the bay."

Knows Commodore Norrington’s identity. Is promoted to Commodore and receives the special ability “Pirate Hunting” if Norrington dies.

Citizens-
There are eight citizens, the townsmen. They win a major victory if all the Ghost Pirates killed or captured. Some players may or may not have the following special roles-

The Tinker: Shows up as a Ghost Pirate if Elizabeth Swann views him. Does not know he is the tinker. Shows up as a citizen if the Eavesdropper views him.

The Trader: For each vote the trader receives, he gets one gold. The trader may buy the following items at night-

Rum- 5 gold
Single Shot Pistol- 10 gold

The trader may only buy one of each.

The Eavesdropper: Each night chooses another player. Will find out whether or not that player is a citizen. Does not receive a Night 0 view.

The Pickpocket: Each night may pick a player to steal from. Has a 50% chance to steal any item the player is carrying.

The Innkeeper: Each night invites two players to stay at his inn. Those two players will receive chatting rights with each other as well as the innkeeper until the next lynch.

Pirates
:

Jack and Crew-These men of the seas need no introduction...and remember they're the good-natured sort. They win a major victory if all of the Ghost Pirates are killed or captured. They can also win a major victory if Jack Sparrow is alive at the end of the game when the Ghost Pirates reach parity: if Barbossa is dead, then the Ghost Pirates and the Pirates achieve a major victory as Sparrow re-takes command of the Pearl.

Captain Jack Sparrow:

"But you have heard of me."

The Best/Worst Pirate You’ve Ever Seen: Has a 50% chance to steal any rum that is passed during the night. Starts with an extra bottle of rum.

Starts with the Single Shot Pistol.

Joshamee Gibbs:

"Daft like Jack."

Too Much Rum: Each night he will be given a vision of the exact role of the player who was lynched. Knows the identity of Captain Jack Sparrow.

Anamaria:

"You stole my ship!"

Mistress of Disguise: May target a player each night. She will find out whether or not that player is a member of Her Majesty's Service.

Does NOT know the identity of Captain Jack Sparrow.

Items:

Items may be passed at night, secretly. To pass an item at night, send in the order before the night action deadline. You may not pass any items to someone in prison.

You may not make a conditional pass order, e.g. "If I receive a bottle of rum, pass it to Waderam."

If the player with an item is lynched, then the item will be given to a random player who voted for them. If a player with an item is Night-killed, then the highest ranking Ghost Pirate will receive it. The Rapier is an exception, see below.

Bottle of Rum (2 distributed randomly between all players)-

The owner survives a single death. Triggers automatically. One use per bottle.

Single Shot Pistol (1 given to Jack Sparrow)-

May be used any time during the day. Kills targeted player. To use, post in bold in the thread who you are shooting. The targeted player may not post after being shot, until the Moderator resolves the attempt and posts the results in the game thread.

If killed, the player's role will be revealed.

If the curse has not been lifted, then the Ghost Pirates (including the Lowly Crew) will not die. A Bottle of Rum will also save the targeted player from death.

Gold Medallion (1 distributed randomly between all non-Ghost Pirate players)-

Does nothing for the bearer. Needed to lift the curse and perform the "Blood Ritual."

If the pirate who has it is killed, then it will be given to William Turner if alive. Otherwise it will be distributed randomly between the players who voted for the pirate if lynched or to the person who used the Single Shot Pistol. Any other means of death results in the Medallion being distributed randomly between all living players.

Rapier
(1 given to Norrington if Elizabeth is rescued)-

If the player with the Rapier is left alone with only a Ghost Pirate, then that player kills the Ghost Pirate to end the game if the curse has been lifted.

The Rapier cannot be passed by the owner.

If Norrington dies, then the Rapier is passed to Gillete. If Gillete is dead/dies, the Rapier is passed to Will Turner and then to Jack Sparrow. If all of these characters die, then the Rapier is removed from the game.

Events:
An event may be revealed each daybreak. There is a 20% chance that a specific event will be chosen each day, with another 20% chance that there will be no event at all. There will not be more than one no event in each three day period.

Days 1-3:
Once More, Miss Swann: If Will Turner is picked for the rescue mission, the odds of success increase by 20%.
The Gold Calls to Us: The Ghost Pirates may draw blood from a player as well as perform their chosen night action.
Parley: There is no Night kill.
More Rum: Someone receives a new bottle of rum.

Days 4-6:
Tortuga: Anamaria learns the identity of Jack Sparrow, and a chat room is opened up for them.
Aztec Gold: Jack Sparrow may choose to become cursed: he can only be killed by lynching, and may not be captured. He cannot win if he is cursed at the end of the game and William Turner is dead, though the other pirates can. When cursed, he will be viewed as a Ghost Pirate by Elizabeth Swann. He cannot be cursed once the curse is lifted.
Moonlight Serenade: Reveals whether or not the curse has been lifted.
Dinner is Served: If Elizabeth Swann has not been rescued the Ghost Pirates learn her identity.

Days 6-8:
Jailbreak: All players in prison are released and may not be targeted for capture the following night.
But why is the Rum gone?: Two random bottles of rum are removed from the game.
Broadside!: A random player is killed. Odds may differ depending on certain conditions.
The Hanging: The two highest vote getters are lynched.

Days 9-11:
Underwater March: If the curse has been lifted, then there is no effect. Otherwise, the Ghost Pirates gain the Gold Medallion.
The Showdown: You will find out whether or not any Ghost Pirates reside among the dead, and who they are.
He's a Pirate: Will Turner gains a Rapier.

The Blood Ritual: Lifting the Curse-

The Ghost Pirates and Will Turner can both perform the Blood Ritual. Performing the Blood Ritual lifts the curse and fulfills the Ghost Pirates minor victory condition if they are not all lynched or captured. To perform the Blood Ritual, both the Gold Medallion and the blood of William Turner are required.

Each night, instead of a kill, the pirates may attempt to "Draw Blood." They will learn whether or not the blood they drew is that of William Turner's. "Draw Blood" cannot be blocked, and if William Turner's blood is drawn while one of them holds the Medallion then the curse is lifted.

If the Ghost Pirates kill William Turner when they have the Gold Medallion, then the curse is not lifted unless they have previously drawn his blood.

If William Turner has the Gold Medallion, then he may publicly lift the curse by stating his intentions to perform the Blood Ritual in bold during the day. This will also fulfill the Ghost Pirate's minor victory condition if not all of them have been lynched or captured.

Prison:

A player captured by the ability "Pirate Hunting" are sent to prison.
They can make five posts a day and may not vote. If they had chat rights then they lose those rights. Prisoners do not count toward parity.

If Norrington and Gillette die, then all prisoners are released.

Prisoners may be killed, however there is only a 50% chance that the kill will succeed.

No items may be passed to someone in prison.

Hanging:

Each day that there is at least one prisoner in prison, then all players may vote whether or not to hang a player. To do this, they bold their vote without brackets, such as Hang Luthien. The current Commodore may veto the hanging unless it is a unanimous vote. If the majority of all players wishes to hang the prisoner, then the the prisoner will hang unless it is vetoed. The Commodore vetoes the vote privately by messaging the mod.

The hanging deadline is now four hours before lynch, at 4:00PM.

Rescue:

Each day three players may attempt to rescue Elizabeth Swann. To volunteer, post your intentions in bold in the game thread, like this: Volunteer. The chance of rescue is 30% each day with the following modifiers:
+25% with William Turner
+10% with Commodore Norrington
+5% with Gillette
+20% if all three people are not cursed
-5% with Captain Jack Sparrow
-10% for each Ghost Pirate
-15% if none of William Turner, Commodore Norrington or Jack Sparrow are present
-10% for each person under three

The Risk- There is 15% chance of death for each of the players who volunteer with the following modifiers:
-10% with Captain Jack Sparrow
+10% with William Turner
+10% for each Ghost Pirate

Note: The rescue success will be determined before the risk of death. Ghost Pirates that are cursed cannot die on a rescue attempt. Rum will save a person from death.

Gov. Swann will pick three players out of those who volunteered each day by messaging the moderator. The rescue attempt will be resolved one hour before lynch. If Swann has not picked by then or is dead, then three will be chosen randomly from all those who volunteered. If Elizabeth volunteers and is chosen, then she will not be factored into the rescue attempt and only two people will go.

Action Resolution:

Night actions are resolved in this order:
2. Capturing
3. Night Kills
4. Item Pass

Game End:
The game ends when all Ghost Pirates have been killed or captured, or they achieve parity with the remaining players.

I would appreciate any feedback on the rules you may have, and may tweak a few things before the game starts. Disclaimer: This is probably not a balanced game. Depending on the way the events play out, things could become slanted. That's life. Still, I think it will be a lot of fun! And there is NO side conversion!

Arrgh, me matey, what are ye waiting for? Sign-up, and keep an eye on the horizon for the next adventure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean Redux Sign-up
Player List According to Cassandra:
Butterbane
Esuh
Freyja
funkadillo
greek2me
GrimJester
HerbieGRD
JCWid
kimapesan
kristiefix
LuckayLuck
Luthien
Melsana
Pbwedz
Praisechick
Rasattack
Shugyosha
Tellania
TheArchAngel
wiz8mom
Xandryyte

21 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1676...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy da Mom
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

I really enjoyed the first one! Where are the rest of my pirate friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
In. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaulW
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrrrrggg! I have a game too, but I have to play this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MandaBug
United States
Starkville
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Looks like a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm in. This sounds great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The well-shaven man returns. Hopefully, this time I won't be turned into a ghost pirate, and then blown to hell with a cannonball.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Esuh wrote:
The well-shaven man returns. Hopefully, this time I won't be turned into a ghost pirate, and then blown to hell with a cannonball.

I can assure you the first part won't happen, but no gaurantees about the second. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Rukasu wrote:
Esuh wrote:

I can assure you the first part won't happen, but no gaurantees about the second. devil

Well, if the latter happens, I hope it is not randomly .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ah, and I see that the random cannonball event is still here. Personally, I dislike events like that, since they can twist the game to one side or the other without that side having done anything to deserve it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Esuh wrote:
Ah, and I see that the random cannonball event is still here. Personally, I dislike events like that, since they can twist the game to one side or the other without that side having done anything to deserve it.

It's random, but the odds aren't...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fusionguy1 wrote:
Arrrg, you had to run this at a time when I couldn't play. Oh well, put me down as an alt.

Will do. Sorry 'bout that, perhaps you will be able to play in the next one...not that it is official or anything...yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I havn't played in a heavely themed game in a while, I think it is about time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~MUST LOVE~ ~Geeky Time Lords~
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Me? Walk the plank? Are you kidding? I know there are rules about no females on pirate ships ... but wolves?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Heavilon
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
...I haven't done this in a while...be gentle...Hi ArchAngel!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't play the first one. I don't see why I can't play this one. Unless I'm in other games? Nah, I never pay attention to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Aye, Cap'n! Ready to sail!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I just buckled a swash on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Heavilon
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait...what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've changed the victory conditions, and may toy around with them a little more. Now the Pirates can win by killing all of the Ghost Pirates or by having Jack Sparrow alive at the end of the game once parity is reached and Barbossa is dead. So I've removed the requirement that Sparrow or Ana Maria must still be alive to achieve their first major victory condition.

In addition, the Navy must now capture at least one pirate during the course of the game to achieve their minor victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
tellania wrote:
PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait...what?

Have you been in the Cap'n secert rum stash again, sailor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A 1 in 21 chance to be an undead monkey? I'm in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
woweee, in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump...

And I will be able to see my role and check in via PDA for the first 2 days of the game... If there are issues with this PM Rukasu and he can drop me from the game... Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |