Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gael
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Does my enmity in the "at war" area of my adversary works the same as the province (+1 dice for each enmity token) if he decides to strike back at one of my colony ?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Garl wrote:
Hi

Does my enmity in the "at war" area of my adversary works the same as the province (+1 dice for each enmity token) if he decides to strike back at one of my colony ?

Thanks

Enmity between two factions is universal. If your enmity tokens are in your opponent's at war box, then he can use that bonus in raids against your province, ships, or colonies. And if you have your enmity tokens or stickers at any site your opponent controls (including his at war box, province, or colony), then you lose dice for that enmity anywhere you raid him (including his ships, colony, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Alvarez
China
Tracy
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Garl wrote:
Hi

Thanks

All enmity tokens/stickers a province has provides a universal defensive bonus against the province to which the tokens/stickers belong. Meaning that that province removes dice from their raid pool equal to the sum of all tokens/stickers you have on your province board/harbor, regardless of the site/ship/colony they are attacking.

In addition to the defense bonus above, enmity tokens in your "At War" section provide you with an offensive bonus against the province to which they belong. Meaning that you add dice to your raid pool equal to the number of tokens of theirs in your "at War" section.

Finally, other province's tokens are returned to their owner before you give your own enmity tokens. Meaning if an action against a province you are at war with would require you to give 4 enmity tokens—and you currently have 3 of their tokens in your "at War" section—you would first return their 3 tokens and then only place one of your own tokens on the site that you have raided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Nolto
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heyvince wrote:

Finally, other province's tokens are returned to their owner before you give your own enmity tokens. Meaning if an action against a province you are at war with would require you to give 4 enmity tokens—and you currently have 3 of their tokens in your "at War" section—you would first return their 3 tokens and then only place one of your own tokens on the site that you have raided.

This was my understanding, but I couldn't find it in the rulebook. Can you tell me where it says this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeaFall, p11 wrote:
Whenever you put enmity tokens on a site controlled by a province you
are at war with, return any of theirs in your At War With space before
giving your own. Enmity tokens returned to a player are immediately
placed in their home enmity section, not on the raided site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Nolto
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, if I had player B's enmity in my At War space and I attack her ship, would I return her enmity tokens before giving her my own as a result of my attacking her ship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nolto wrote:
So, if I had player B's enmity in my At War space and I attack her ship, would I return her enmity tokens before giving her my own as a result of my attacking her ship?

Yes. Raids on Player B's colony, ships, and provinces all work the same as far as enmity goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Nolto
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
countertorque wrote:
Nolto wrote:

Yes. Raids on Player B's colony, ships, and provinces all work the same as far as enmity goes.

Does that mean that, in the same situation I outlined above, I could add a die to my attack against player B's ship? In the rulebook, it only mentions that a die can be added for each enmity in your At War section with respect to attacking that player's province.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Liddle
United States
Sandpoint
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe so; enmity factors into defense, but not offense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Nolto
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
razordaze wrote:
I don't believe so; enmity factors into defense, but not offense.

But, it does add a die when attacking the PROVINCE of the player whose enmity is in your "At War" section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nolto wrote:

Just to make sure it's clear, you don't automatically return all of the tokens. You pay the normal "cost" for the raid, spending tokens from your at war box first. That might mean that you end up with some of your opponents tokens left over in your at war box, and didn't place any of your own tokens. As an odd side effect, since sites are locked as a result of enmity tokens placed on them, such a site would still be raidable, fields would still produce, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nolto wrote:
countertorque wrote:
Nolto wrote:

Does that mean that, in the same situation I outlined above, I could add a die to my attack against player B's ship? In the rulebook, it only mentions that a die can be added for each enmity in your At War section with respect to attacking that player's province.

Yes. If you have enmity token's in your At War box, they give you +1 die per token in raids against anything owned by that player. If you read the unofficial FAQ, it says that all of the enmity rules work the same way in raids against anything another player owns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.