Subject: Sea area combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cédric Di Noto
France
flag msg tools
mb
ih, i'have a problem to understand a phrase:

"If both sides have at least one air and/or CV, first you will resolve an Air Round (see 6.1). Then, if either side has at least one air or naval unit with a Naval Factor greater than zero and the other side has any naval units (including a Convoy), you resolve a Naval Round (see 6.3)."

if in a sea area with one japan air unit and one usa CV unit , you must have a combat no ?

so first an air combat , and after if the both unit stay alive do you have a naval round with naval factor of Air unit for Japan and Naval factor of CV unit for usa ?

because the japan do not have any naval unit but i think the air unit can bombing a sea fleet no ?

and if the usa naval unit was a BB fleet , can the air unit is involved in a naval round too with her naval bombing factor ?

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Cedric,

Answers below:

eucalys wrote:
ih, i'have a problem to understand a phrase:

"If both sides have at least one air and/or CV, first you will resolve an Air Round (see 6.1). Then, if either side has at least one air or naval unit with a Naval Factor greater than zero and the other side has any naval units (including a Convoy), you resolve a Naval Round (see 6.3)."

if in a sea area with one japan air unit and one usa CV unit , you must have a combat no ?

Yes, a combat is required.

eucalys wrote:
so first an air combat , and after if the both unit stay alive do you have a naval round with naval factor of Air unit for Japan and Naval factor of CV unit for usa ?

Yes an Air Round is resolved first. If both units remain, then there is a Naval Round. As you correctly say, the Naval Round in this case would simply be the Japanese air unit bombing the USA CV.

eucalys wrote:
because the japan do not have any naval unit but i think the air unit can bombing a sea fleet no ?

and if the usa naval unit was a BB fleet , can the air unit is involved in a naval round too with her naval bombing factor ?

thanks

In the original example, the Japanese air unit may bomb the USA CV, assuming both are still there after the Air Round.

If it is a Japanese air unit against a USA BB, then there is no Air Round. Simply resolve a Naval Round, in which the Japanese air unit will attack the USA BB. (The Japanese air unit cannot be affected.)

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Dave L.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cédric Di Noto
France
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for your help

best regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Guillou-Keredan
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
101st Airborne / 506 th / 2nd Battalion / Easy Company
badge
"La liberté venue du ciel" D-Day 6.6.1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Another one :

Do you confirm that a CV unit that participated in a naval combat in a Sea area combat is eligible to make a port attack later in the turn ?

thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Bertrand,

Yes, CV and BB units that participate in Sea Area Combat are still eligible to participate in a Land Area Combat (provided there are no enemy units in the same sea area to prevent this) later in the turn. The type of Land Area Combat could be anything: Port Attack, Ground Attack, or even Factory Attack (CVs could support your air units that are doing the bombing vs. a coastal land area with a Factory).

Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Guillou-Keredan
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
101st Airborne / 506 th / 2nd Battalion / Easy Company
badge
"La liberté venue du ciel" D-Day 6.6.1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx very much for the speedy responses Dave.

We will soon start playing a full game :-)

Best regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gromenauer Jaaarl
msg tools
mbmbmb

"In addition to Factory Attack and Ground Attack, you may also
initiate a Port Attack land area combat. Commit your air units
and CVs within range of the target Port
controlled by an enemy
major power. Each Port Attacking CV must be at sea in a sea
area touching the target Port and there must be no enemy BB,
CV, or SUB units at sea in your CV’s sea area."

A CV at sea adjacent to the port the rules say it's in range. However, is a NAV that is at sea adjacent to the enemy port within range? Or does it have to come from land an be able to reach the port with ita printed range from there?

For example, can a Nav (range 2) be at North sea and then make a port attack on Kiel?

The same Nav wouldn't be able to reach from Britain, although it would be able to reach from France while it's Allied controlled...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Gromenauer,

Good question, which I believe the Living Rules (found at www.blitzcommunity.com) clarified.

Air units at sea cannot perform any other mission. So no, an air unit at sea cannot join a Port Attack. The air unit would have to begin on a land base, and be within range of the target Port, in order to join the Port Attack. The British Coastal Command located in London would not be in range of Kiel (2 to move into North Sea, 1 more to move to Kiel for a total of 3, but CC's range is 2).

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Dave L.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gromenauer Jaaarl
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep, that's what I thought, but I could have been biased because I was GE and the CW player of course thought otherwise. Thanks for that link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.