Hide
16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Your Best Zombie Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Macady Smith
msg tools
I don't care if it high strategy or really luck based. I just want a mixture of great zombie games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Sládek
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game and all its many expansions

Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game

Zombicide: Black Plague

/thread :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
welcomeblankMac

I'd agree with the above.

I'd give honourable mentions to Carnival Zombie, Mall of Horror (City of The Dead) and Dawn of the Zeds (Second edition).

Zombie Games sorted by rank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is still in the works, but looks nice, too.

The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:

Any specific reason for this over Dawn of the Zeds (Third edition)?

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Resident Evil Deck Building Game, assuming you can find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Camas
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb

Better ZED than Dead! or my top 10 Zombie games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schlueter
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Zombie Dice press your luck as a zombie to get as many brains as possible before you get shotgunned.

All Things Zombie really interesting set of rules for miniatures gaming in the Zombie apocolypse.

Risk: The Walking Dead – Survival Edition good ole Risk but with a zombie twist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall COBB
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

+1 for Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game
Dawn of the Zeds (Third edition)
and probably my favorite zombie game, Run, Fight, or Die!! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not as great by most peoples accounts as some of the first lot of games mentioned in the thread, however I've really enjoy Dark Darker Darkest.

It got some negative hype early on due to a poorly run Kickstarter and the initial rulebook not being written too well, but once you get past that it's a really fun and different zombie game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Buchanan
China
Shenyang
Liaoning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For all of it's shortcomings, Zombies!!! is still good fun, even though it doesn't get much love here on the 'Geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Fort Meade
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZPocalypse is THE BEST zombie game out there.

Carnival Zombie feels more like demons or something, but it's a close second place, with cool respawn mechanics. But is kinda easy, and hard to find right now. Wait for the new kickstarter.

Dawn of the Zeds 3rd is good if you want more of a wargame and resource management feel.

Zombicide: Black Plague did a good job. Decent difficulty curve, and way better than the original game.

Played all the others listed above this post though and feel if they aren't on this list, they weren't very good. But different strokes for different folks, as they say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Louie
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Its not that popular, but I really like City of Horror. I also have Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game, which I also enjoy, but it can be a little more fiddly..

Run, Fight, or Die! is fun, pretty much just killing off swarms of zombie's until you die.. Very simple mechanic, easy to play..

Zombie Dice is just okay... Unless you like simple push your luck games with a pasted on Zombie theme, I'd stay away from it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Fort Meade
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah... City of Horror isn't too bad. It's all negotiation and betrayal. My household decided to keep it over Dead of Winter, which is just a shoddy Battlestar Galactica when at its most interesting.

Much like The Walking Dead is just a drama with zombies in it, so, too, is Dead of Winter just a fetch-quest resource management game with an occasional (that is, very rare) story element tossed in. The Crossroads cards only sometimes meet the rather specific requirements on them, and otherwise people just go around hoarding things and doing janitor work in your safehouse.

But then, it's only half as fiddly as BSG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Herrera
United States
San Jacinto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearhug78 wrote:
Not as great by most peoples accounts as some of the first lot of games mentioned in the thread, however I've really enjoy Dark Darker Darkest.

It got some negative hype early on due to a poorly run Kickstarter and the initial rulebook not being written too well, but once you get past that it's a really fun and different zombie game.

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
I have long loved Last Night on Earth but recently have been going nuts over Mantic's The Walking Dead: All Out War. This thing acts like a miniatures game but is approachable enough for boardgamers. The core set is releasing soon and it contains everything to play with both the "vs" rules and "solo/co-op."

For me, it succeeds where LNOE falls in that no one controls the Zombies and instead they have a simple AI. LNOE is great but I love playing the heroes and seeing the development of that story but usually get stuck playing the zombies as the defacto Overlord player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.