Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergio Macias
Spain
Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering. I've seen a few games on the waitlist to be added to the database that have been sitting there for over a week now waiting to be approved. Don't know how long it takes normally, that's why I'pm asking ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:
Just wondering. I've seen a few games on the waitlist to be added to the database that have been sitting there for over a week now waiting to be approved. Don't know how long it takes normally, that's why I'pm asking ^^

Well, I'm guessing since everyone was at BGG.CON for the last week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know there is no specific duration you can expect. It can take a week, a month, or half a year, depending on how verifiable the information is and how the entry fits into the current 'tree' of game products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
As far as I know there is no specific duration you can expect. It can take a week, a month, or half a year, depending on how verifiable the information is and how the entry fits into the current 'tree' of game products.

Also some games sit in the queue because the admins asked for more information/details about the game and the OP hasn't/didn't respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. Thanks, everybody.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Shannon
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had been wondering the same thing. I have two submissions that have been sitting in the queue (one since October with corrections). Perhaps BGG CON is one reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:

I was just contacted by an admin to improve the description section of a game that I submitted at least 6 months ago.

I know that the problem is that it takes time to spin through the games, and that there are too few admins to do the job.

I really don't like that images, files, and links have to be done in additional "phases." I really think the submitter should have the option of adding more to the initial submission. To "complete" an entry just takes forever since there are multiple "phases."

I'm also annoyed the BGG doesn't take image snapshots of webpages. The stinking webpages are forever going away, then the link gets deleted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlin Deckert
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pending Board Game queue currently has about 760 entries. Since games are listed in alphabetical order, not by submission time, it's hard to know if any progress is being made on approving these. Has anyone seen any progress recently? Is anyone working on this backlog?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently acquired a game that was in the queue, even with two entries of the same name. I waited for about two weeks, then I emailed indigopotter about it (by that time there was even a third entry in the queue). I asked whether I could help with any info or the like. One or two days later, the game was in the database.

This is the admin in question:
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mardeck wrote:
The Pending Board Game queue currently has about 760 entries. Since games are listed in alphabetical order, not by submission time, it's hard to know if any progress is being made on approving these. Has anyone seen any progress recently? Is anyone working on this backlog?

The new game submission queue has 222 entries right now; the pending board game queue visible to all users includes both new submissions and submissions that have been sent back to users for revision, which means we're waiting for feedback on 538 entries. Once an entry is revised, it's kicked back into the new queue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The oldest game waiting for a first review is from December 14th. Anything from before then has been reviewed and approved/declined/sent back for revisions. As Eric said, about 220 of those are actively in the pending list, the rest are waiting for revisions. It was under 150 a few days ago, but this is a busy holiday week for most people. I myself just got back from two days without turning on a computer.

This link:

https://boardgamegeek.com/recentadditions/page/1?subdomain=&...

shows things approved the last seven days (plus there are always more reviewed and sent back for revisions).

mardeck wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlin Deckert
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the explanation. It's not a big deal, but it would be nice if the pending items page included a status of each submission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
herace wrote:
I really don't like that images, files, and links have to be done in additional "phases." I really think the submitter should have the option of adding more to the initial submission. To "complete" an entry just takes forever since there are multiple "phases."

The whole "adding a new game" procedure isn't very streamlined. I added a game recently (it's still in the queue somewhere) and it wasn't a smooth process. To add a designer/artist/link - that isn't already in the database - to the new game, you would have to open a new tab, add the entry then go back to the game tab and then add it to the game info. It would be much more intuitive if everything can be done on the same form.

Many thanks to the nameless souls who have laboured to add those 10's of thousands of games into the database thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.