Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
cry

cry

cry

Where is it? Where is it??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Cole
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like truth on the X-files, it's out there somewhere...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Owczarski
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snapped like a dry twig...

Tragic really...

I know the feeling, though...

Best,

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Simmons
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I answer, would it make any sense to believe me? It kills me whenever I think about how how many projected ship dates have come and gone...

The original production run is currently sitting in a warehouse. The boards were bad and had to be re-done. The current projected date is (sigh) July, and yes, before you ask, July 2007...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
July is the date you plan on receiving the new boards? Or the date you plan on putting it out to sell?

If its the latter, what about the possibility to release the game with the current warped boards (with a slight discount) with the possibility of buying the fixed boards once they worked out? It would help ease the cash flow position as well as give the gamers that use plexiglass on top of gameboards the opportunity to build hype about the game.

At any rate, thanks again Bowen for keeping us informed.

(Im obviously not privy to the business decision process so I dont know how viable this is at all. Just my finger-crossed option.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bowen wrote:
If I answer, would it make any sense to believe me? It kills me whenever I think about how how many projected ship dates have come and gone...

The original production run is currently sitting in a warehouse. The boards were bad and had to be re-done. The current projected date is (sigh) July, and yes, before you ask, July 2007...

If the warehouse is by a dark, seedy dock, we have the makings of a B movie whereby I go down there wielding a 2 by 4 late at night....

I'd bring Fagin, Christopher, Haggerty and everyone else that has beaten me b/c obvously they are tougher. Just tell us where, Bowen... We'd be unstoppable, maneuver attacking amongst the crates!

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László K.
United States
Hopatcong
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
medievalbanquet wrote:
I'd bring Fagin, Christopher, Haggerty and everyone else that has beaten me b/c obvously they are tougher. Just tell us where, Bowen... We'd be unstoppable, maneuver attacking amongst the crates!
Heck with the way things have been going on the Ladder lately, we'll let Fagin do an assault. As a registered force of nature George will be nigh unstoppable, thereby allowing the rest o' the gang to more easily maneuver attack amongst the crates and pallets.

Edit: Corrected typo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Sonny Rollins - A Night at the Village Vanguard
badge
Gates of Eden - Ethan Coen
mbmbmbmbmb
ChemEng wrote:
If its the latter, what about the possibility to release the game with the current warped boards (with a slight discount) with the possibility of buying the fixed boards once they worked out?

I predicted a couple of months back that somebody would suggest this, but was starting to wonder when.

medievalbanquet wrote:

I'd bring Fagin, Christopher, Haggerty and everyone else that has beaten me b/c obvously they are tougher.

We've never even played, Andy!

Ladislaus wrote:

Heck with the way things have been going on the Ladder lately, we'll let Fagin do an assault.

I'm not as nimble as I used to be. Maybe I should drive the getaway car.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:

We've never even played, Andy!

I've lost already!

Getaway cars are important. Job is yours!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
As much as I feel sorry for myself, I feel bad for Bowen. The delay must be harder for him than for us. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WalterLai wrote:
As much as I feel sorry for myself, I feel bad for Bowen. The delay must be harder for him than for us. zombie

So true. Must be maddening.

soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Basil Hilder KIA Lone Pine, Gallipoli
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info and reply Bowen.

I'm sure you're really disappointed (as we all are) but just want to let you know we're interested and want the best!! I'm sure you doing everything possible to get it all sorted out and shipped.

Cheers,

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bowen, we hope your day job is keeping the cash flow under control. As to the product, you have already demonstrated your commitment to quality and if we are disappointed at the delay, it must be much more so for you.

Good things are worth the wait and I have no doubt NT will prove the adage once again.

Since the game is fully developed and the product is on the way, might we persuade you to give us a glimpse of what battle you are planning to portray next?

Or would you like to conduct an informal poll for our fantasy list?

Best of luck getting all the pieces to fall into place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Flynn
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Not harping here, just really bummed that we have now hit July and no price listed yet, no more pictures posted, no firm release date etc. I'll buy the game as soon as its available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bowen wrote:
The boards were bad and had to be re-done.

I hope that it was not printed in China, am i right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samy
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Chaaaarge!!
badge
First Image Ever of a Hydrogen Atom's Electron Cloud