13 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » General

Subject: Many, many Bothans have died to collect those stats ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bob labine
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have played the game on numerous occasions and I have kept track of a couple of statistics thanks to a sheet tracker downloaded on this website. Among others, I found out the Death Star(s) has(ve) blown up 8 systems. By coincidence (?) Bothawui was the targeted system on 6 occasions. Kashyyyk and Nal Hutta were the other two. I suppose we don't like bothans in my gaming groups! lol!

How about you guys? Which systems were turned into space dust by the battle station?

edit : typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Schmidt
Canada
Strasbourg
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I blew up Naboo once mostly to be a jerk, it didn't really help me out that much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It helped the rest of us with two words - Gungan genocide. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
It helped the rest of us with two words - Gungan genocide. devil

I think that we can all agree on the necessity of that action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rathma P.
Canada
flag msg tools
Blew up Chewbacca's home world

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
To be fair Naboo is actually a pretty good target much of the time because often you can eliminate a quality rebel system and neutralize or take Utupau in a single turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have blown up tatooine with the base on it.

I have blown up Mustafar so that Bespin would lose loyalty and i could finish the Rebels on Endor without them getting all the reinforcements they wanted.

Naboo is a good one to blow up, giving u an extra loyalty in the region, i have done that at least twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
My opponent blew up Mon Calamari in my last game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
DreadFool wrote:
My opponent blew up Mon Calamari in my last game.

Mon Calamari is my favorite target, mostly because the fleet tends to attack to the other side of the board. The Death Star with some fighter support goes NW and nukes Mon Calamari, the fleet goes E to Naboo-Utupau.

It doesn't leave the Rebels much to establish a resource base except in the SW part of the board, which is relatively production poor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Kashyyyk, Naboo, and several of the other more centralized planets typically tend to be pretty big targets if they've got Rebel loyalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
I blew up Utapau early on in one game. The Rebel player started with his units there and had a bunch of ground troops, so rather than spend a lot of resources trying to take it back I just removed the problem and turned Naboo neutral at the same time to boot.

Unfortunately I lost one turn before a huge assault on the base because he played Rebel Sympathies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think the outermost planets are the most likely to get blown up because they are the most likely to contain the rebel base because of the game set up.

Come to think of it the hiddent Rebel base isn't really that much of a suprise and then the rebels move before you get close to them waiting for that turn marke. all rebel victories fell like this YouTube video. (actually the Rebels did more in the video)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob labine
msg tools
mbmbmb
Blowing up a system is usually situational unless it is your first game and you want to try it out (we all did that ... did we? ). But after compiling those stats I was amused at how many of those situational scenarios occured for Bothawui to be reduced to dust. One of our latest game I had reduced the possible location of the rebel base to a few systems including Kessel. I had fleets adjacent to all posible base systems except for Kessel. I moved in the Death Star from Rodia to Bothawui and destroyed Bothawui to gain a loyalty marker on Kessel confirming the base was NOT there saving me the trouble to move to Kessel.

Another scenario happened when I was the rebel player. I had both objective cards that allows for objective points if you have loyalty on 6 systems and if you have loyalty on all system in a single region. My opponent had played the mission card on a captured leader that allowed him to look at my objective cards. He then proceeded to blow up Bothawui, turning Nal Hutta (I think) neutral, denying me the entire region loyalty obejctive point. And at the same time, I lost 2 loyal systems (Bothawui and Nal Hutta) which also prevented me from playing the other obejective card.

So I suppose Bothawui has been very unlucky in our Star Wars parallel universes!

Edit : few typos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.