Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Berriman
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, my very experienced gaming group played Mission 1 (twice) & Mission 3 last night. The Foot Clan player (myself) just rolled the Turtles in all 3 scenarios. It wasn't even close.

After re-reading the rule book, I'm still not seeing it, but the only thing I can think of that I might be doing wrong is that I'm activating all 4 cards that appear in the row on every turn, regardless of whether those cards were played on the previous turn. I'm also activating the same model on the board two turns in a row, on separate turns (I'm not activating the same model twice in one turn).

Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wilson
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
The Nicholas Cage of games! Oh god, not the beeeeeesssss!
badge
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards that you've played on a previous turn do not re-activate figures. They are only left "in play" for ongoing effects such as shell icons and "While Active" abilities. This rule will definitely be the source of you crushing your heroes, as you're getting like 2x as many figure activations as you should by doing this.

You may, however, activate a given figure (using a card you've played on that turn) once per turn, so a given foot clan ninja figure, for instance, could be activated 4 times a round (once after each hero's turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only activate the two cards that you played that specific turn. You can still gain bonuses from the other two active cards. And you can activate the same figure up to 4 times per round, but only once per turn.

Sounds like you're activating too many villains per turn.

EDIT: Ninja'd!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Berriman
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. That definitely explains it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mbmbmbmb
All this being said, it is very easy to win on your second turn in the first scenario if the hero's aren't playing the scenario properly and prioritizing the two heroes on the roof moving forward and slowing down the brawlers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.