Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
Next Wave 10 preview article is up here:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/22/fly-ba...

I think that's everything. I don't think we got the last two cards (the PS 5 pilot Sarco Plank, and the other crew card, rumored to be BoShek). If I missed something, let me know and I'll add it.

This preview took a long time to get here but I'm happy with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
This ship has some seriously goofy stuff. Three different reverse maneuvers, a Tractor Beam as an action (and no need to roll), and an extremely versatile way to regain spent cards. This is going to be a fun ship.

Off the top of my head, here are some silly things that you can get back with Scavenger Crane:
- Stealth Device
- Captured TIE (on a Rebel TIE with Sabine's Masterpiece)
- Any ordinance

Because the Scavenger Crane also works on Cannons and Turrets, it also makes me wonder if we'll see something discardable in one or both of those slots soon (or maybe this is just for Boba Fett proofing Dash).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember though that the crane only lets you retrieve things that were previously on your own ship, not the ship that was destroyed. And right now the only way to lose a modification is from Boba Fett crew. I see this being used more as an Extra Munitions for ships without a spare ordnance slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get the wording on the Scavenger Crane. When another ship is destroyed, you can recover a discarded item from your ship, not the ship that was destroyed? How does that make sense? Am I reading it wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
DailyRich wrote:
Remember though that the crane only lets you retrieve things that were previously on your own ship, not the ship that was destroyed. And right now the only way to lose a modification is from Boba Fett crew. I see this being used more as an Extra Munitions for ships without a spare ordnance slot.

I'm well aware. I'm just picturing how funny it could be for Ahsoka to take back either the Captured TIE mod or a Stealth Device after losing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drathbun wrote:
I don't get the wording on the Scavenger Crane. When another ship is destroyed, you can recover a discarded item from your ship, not the ship that was destroyed? How does that make sense? Am I reading it wrong?

You use the scrap you got with the crane to tinker a bomb or a missile

Make as much sense as Saboteur.

But it is just a game. The effect is cool, so I am fine with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drathbun wrote:

I look at like you've just scavenged something from the destroyed ship that fixes whatever it is you discarded. I know it's a stretch for munitions... but it's what I got!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, how about Dengar using Scavenger Crane to keep Countermeasures around for the whole match...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DailyRich wrote:
And right now the only way to lose a modification is from Boba Fett crew.

You discard Stealth Device when you get hit, and Countermeasures are single use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
DailyRich wrote:
And right now the only way to lose a modification is from Boba Fett crew.

You discard Stealth Device when you get hit, and Countermeasures are single use.

Wow, completely spaced on both of those, ESPECIALLY after reading everyone freaking out about Dengar and Countermeasures on the FFG board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wildhorn wrote:
drathbun wrote:

You use the scrap you got with the crane to tinker a bomb or a missile

I like it! Works for me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitesell

Oklahoma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if it only triggered *once* when Manaroo bites it if you're close, 2 points for basically an extra use of Countermeasures?

That's pretty good. But will it blend better than Glitterstim on him? I'm not sure it's worth the loss of G-stim - part of what makes Countermeasures good on him is when it's used in tandem on the initial engagement. I ran it on a Dash list for a while and it's okay by itself but not great.

I like the idea of COVERING THE MAP WITH DEBRIS TOKENS (so long as your rolling to keep the crane holds out and you have enough Z-95's with Dead Man Switch or whatever)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitesell

Oklahoma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowport Hunter/Crane/Rigged Cargo Chute
Binayre x5

Theoretically possible to drop 5 additional debris tokens on the field, for those of you that bought five Shadow Caster expansions waiting for this moment.

EDIT: NOPE. This doesn't work. Cargo Chute is an illicit. WHY COULDN'T THEY LET ME HAVE THE DREAM?!?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrantZilla1979 wrote:
Shadowport Hunter/Crane/Rigged Cargo Chute
Binayre x5

Theoretically possible to drop 5 additional debris tokens on the field, for those of you that bought five Shadow Caster expansions waiting for this moment.

EDIT: NOPE. This doesn't work. Cargo Chute is an illicit. WHY COULDN'T THEY LET ME HAVE THE DREAM?!?!?

Btw, doesn't require a friendly ship to be destroyed. Any ship trigger it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.