Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Star Realms Masters Series, Events Discipline!

This is the main competition thread for the Events Discipline, while there will be plenty of information contained here, additional information can be found in the main thread, and the discipline qualification thread:

Star Realms Masters Series – main discussion & announcement thread
Star Realms Masters Series – Events, registration & qualification

The Events Discipline is centered on competition using the Crisis: Events digital expansion and the original Base Set for this season. Players who have qualified for the discipline should subscribe to this thread, as well as leave a thumbs-up.

The qualifier and starter tournaments are both played as type-E, while the crossover tournaments on the circuit for this discipline will be type-BE, type-GE, type-EH, type-1E, and type-EF. There are six chances to earn an entry into the Mastery Invitational, by winning the starter tournament, or finishing top-3 in any of the crossover tournaments. All discipline qualifiers will participate in the Mastery Open tournament. Both halves of the Mastery tournament will be played as type-E.

Qualifier Tournament
If you are here legitimately, it means that you have already qualified, and this part of the competition is behind you. You would have earned 2 trophy points as a group winner, or 1 trophy point if you tied for the win.

Starter Tournament
The qualifiers will also move on to the second stage of the tournament, which will be the discipline starter tournament, a double elimination tournament. As with the other double elimination tournaments in the masters series, matches in the top bracket will be played as best-of-3 games, while matches in the losers bracket will be played as single-games. This is to keep the lower bracket on pace with the upper. The winner of the losers bracket will play the winner of the winners bracket in a best-of-five, with a one game advantage given to the upper player. The winner receives 3 trophy points, second and third place each earn 2 trophy points, fourth through eighth each earn 1 trophy point.

Events Qualifier/Starter - Challonge Page

Crossover Tournaments
Each crossover tournament will be a double-elimination tournament that qualifiers from two separate disciplines will come together to compete in. As with the starter tournament, matches in the top bracket will be played as best-of-3 games, while matches in the losers bracket will be played as single-games, and the final match will be played as a lop-sided best-o-five. The winner receives 4 trophy points, second and third place each earn 3 trophy points, fourth through eighth each earn 2 trophy point, and ninth through sixteenth all receive 1 trophy point. Participants who have qualified for both disciplines will receive the full amount of rewarded trophy points toward their ranking in both disciplines.

Bases & Events Crossover - Challonge Page
Gambits & Events Crossover - Challonge Page
Events & Heroes Crossover - Challonge Page
Promos & Events Crossover - Challonge Page
Events & Fleets Crossover - Challonge Page

Mastery Tournament
Both halves of the mastery tournament are single elimination, and matches will be played as best-of-three games by default. Entry into the Invitational half requires winning the Starter tournament, or finishing in the Top-3 of any of the Crossover tournaments. Accepting the invitation will also cost some amount of trophy points, probably 3, reducing the advantage the player might otherwise appreciate in the Open half of the tournament. In the Open half of the tournament, advantages will be given to players who have accumulated more trophy points than their opponents. The specific details are yet known, but in general, matches where one player has some threshold more trophy points than their opponent will be played as a lop-sided best-of-five series. The result of using this advantage, or surviving the disadvantage, may cause an adjustment to the trophy point total of the winning player. The idea is to place an appropriate level of importance on performance in earlier tournaments, while still allowing any qualifier a reasonable chance at winning the mastery.

Events Mastery Invitational - Challonge Page
Events Mastery Open - Challonge Page

Tentative Calendar
Qualifier tournament - Complete
Starter tournament - Complete
The Circuit
Crossover tournament 1 - Complete [BE]
Crossover tournament 2 - Complete [GE]
Crossover tournament 3 - Complete [EH]
Crossover tournament 4 - Complete [1E]
Crossover tournament 5 - Complete [EF]
Mastery Invitational - Complete
Mastery Open tournament - Live

Quick Navigation: [ Gambits | Promos | Bases | Events | Heroes | Fleets ]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Events Discipline Standings

Participants TP | Eq Es Bx Gx Hx Px Fx
------------ -- | -- -- -- -- -- -- --
+Magnetic 16 | 2 2 2 3 3 4 0
+Wheels 12 | 1 1 4 2 2 0 2
+ColinMacLeod 9 | 2 1 0 3 1 1 1
+ShinyObject 8 | 2 0 1 1 1 0 3
Zingy 7 | 2 0 2 0 2 1 0
+AngryPanda 6 | 1 0 1 1 0 3 0
+Cfudge 6 | 0 3 1 2 0 0 0
RandT 6 | 1 2 0 1 1 1 0
+DarthChronos 5 | 2 0 0 0 0 0 3
codger 5 | 0 1 1 0 0 1 2
Dusto 5 | 2 0 0 0 1 1 1
AgentSeto 4 | 0 0 1 1 0 2 0
KineticMan 4 | 2 0 0 1 0 0 1
Quizmaster 4 | 1 0 0 2 0 0 1
rocksbg 4 | 1 1 0 0 1 1 0
DCrossTL 3 | 1 0 0 0 2 0 0
DarthBinkly 2 | 1 0 0 0 0 0 1
EliasStahl 2 | 1 0 0 0 0 0 1
Oreok 2 | 0 0 0 2 0 0 0
SarahT 1 | 0 0 1 0 0 0 0
TieDyedGuy 1 | 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
jvs 0 | 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

+ earned seat in Mastery Invitational
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Events Discipline Results

Events Mastery Invitational - 1st: Magnetic
Events Mastery Invitational - 2nd: Cfudge

Events Mastery Open Tournament - 1st: AgentSeto
Events Mastery Open Tournament - 2nd: rockSBG

Events & Fleets Crossover - 2nd: DarthChronos
Events & Fleets Crossover - 3rd: ShinyObject
Events & Fleets Crossover - 5th: codger
Events & Fleets Crossover - 7th: Wheels
Events & Fleets Crossover - 9th: DarthBinkly, Dusto, Quizmaster
Events & Fleets Crossover - 13th: ColinMacLeod, EliasStahl, KineticMan

Promos & Events Crossover - 1st: Magnetic
Promos & Events Crossover - 2nd: AngryPanda
Promos & Events Crossover - 5th: AgentSeto
Promos & Events Crossover - 9th: rocksbg, ColinMacLeod
Promos & Events Crossover - 13th: codger, Dusto, Zingy, RandT

Events & Heroes Crossover - 2nd: Magnetic
Events & Heroes Crossover - 5th: Wheels, Zingy
Events & Heroes Crossover - 7th: DCrossTL
Events & Heroes Crossover - 9th: ColinMacLeod, RandT
Events & Heroes Crossover - 13th: Dusto, ShinyObject, rocksbg

Gambits & Events Crossover - 2nd: ColinMacLeod
Gambits & Events Crossover - 3rd: Magnetic
Gambits & Events Crossover - 5th: Wheels, Oreok
Gambits & Events Crossover - 7th: Cfudge, Quizmaster
Gambits & Events Crossover - 9th: AgentSeto, KineticMan, RandT
Gambits & Events Crossover - 13th: AngryPanda, ShinyObject

Bases & Events Crossover - 1st: Wheels
Bases & Events Crossover - 5th: Magnetic
Bases & Events Crossover - 7th: Zingy
Bases & Events Crossover - 9th: AgentSeto, Cfudge
Bases & Events Crossover - 13th: AngryPanda, codger, SarahT, ShinyObject

Starter Tournament - 1st: Cfudge
Starter Tournament - 2nd: Magnetic
Starter Tournament - 3rd: RandT
Starter Tournament - 4th: rocksbg
Starter Tournament - 5th: ColinMacLeod and Wheels
Starter Tournament - 7th: TieDyedGuy and codger

Qualifier - Group A: DCrossTL and EliasStahl tie.
Qualifier - Group B: KineticMan wins, SarahT qualifies.
Qualifier - Group C: Dusto wins, codger qualifies.
Qualifier - Group D: ColinMacLeod wins, Oreok qualifies.
Qualifier - Group E: DarthBinkly and Quizmaster tie.
Qualifier - Group F: rocksbg and Wheels tie
Qualifier - Group G: Magnetic wins, AgentSeto qualifies.
Qualifier - Group H: Zingy wins, TieDyedGuy qualifies.
Qualifier - Group I: ShinyObject wins, jvs qualifies
Qualifier - Group J: AngryPanda and RandT tie.
Qualifier - Group K: DarthChronos wins, Cfudge qualifies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lietz
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got my brackets mixed up and sent a second invite to Zingy down in the losers bracket... this one's just for fun, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems to be happening a bit frequently. I imagine partially due to the way the upper bracket round banner moves when you scroll down on the challonge page.

In general, in a losers bracket, if two games are accidentally started simultaneously, go ahead and play it as best-of-three, but make sure to play it quickly. I would rather that be the case, then there be an argument about which game was the real one.

In your case, it looks like you were playing them in sequence, so the first game result stands. enjoy the practice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bases & Events crossover is live.

This is the most divided of the crossovers with 18 players in the tournament representing only the Bases discipline, and 19 of you that are strictly Events discipline players. Only 3 players are from both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lietz
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think part of why I got mixed up was that I have been playing against some of the same opponents in the other events (and, in this one, in the earlier round even). The variety of setups is good, but I really need to make sure to keep track of what I'm doing where (bracket and expansion wise) to not bog things down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Van Schoick
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@rocksbg - I think you sent me two challenges by accident (see: the last couple of messages). I just accepted the one.

JVS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trayton Otto
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know what's up with AgentSeto and TieDyedGuy? They're holding up the whole bracket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last I checked with Ritchie, they were in Game 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Muniak
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry, sorry, it is me, I don't have my normal time to play right now. We did go to game 3 and are about a third of the way in.

I'm in new Orleans on business and stuck with the boss the entire day, trying to get turns in on bathroom breaks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trayton Otto
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TieDyedGuy wrote:
Sorry, sorry, it is me, I don't have my normal time to play right now. We did go to game 3 and are about a third of the way in.

I'm in new Orleans on business and stuck with the boss the entire day, trying to get turns in on bathroom breaks.

Protip: Drink more water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Muniak
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
ColinMacLeod wrote:
TieDyedGuy wrote:

Protip: Drink more water.

I did, and just finished our game. Challenges out to randt. About to go to bourbon street though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Brehmer
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My challenges to ciago timed out days ago, and now I just got two challenges from ciago? What's the protocol here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He'd let me know ahead of time that he was going to be away on honeymoon. I should have passed that info along to you Dusto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciago
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ShinyObject, I have a screenshot of me winning one game, but our match should be best of three. Did we play the other two and I missed it, or do we have two games to play? (Bases/Events crossover)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ciago92 wrote:
ShinyObject, I have a screenshot of me winning one game, but our match should be best of three. Did we play the other two and I missed it, or do we have two games to play? (Bases/Events crossover)

She recalls is as 2-1 in your favor. The game you have was probably the tie-breaker?

If only Richie would come up with a way to see completed games after they fall of the back of your queue....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciago
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
CrankyDay wrote:
ciago92 wrote:

She recalls is as 2-1 in your favor. The game you have was probably the tie-breaker?

If only Richie would come up with a way to see completed games after they fall of the back of your queue....

Yeah, I try to take a screenshot of each game as it completes, but my phone has a small amount of space available so I have to clean up photos more often than I'd like. I shall update Challonge, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Events Starter Tournament has finally reached the Grand Final.

After losing his semifinals match, Cfudge won three straight in the losers bracket, including a revenge win over RandT in the losers finals to have his chance against the winners bracket dominating Magnetic and the 1 game advantage he has.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Muniak
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
CrankyDay wrote:
ciago92 wrote:

I finally made it public: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24489858
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Events Grand Final has come to conclusion.

After a decent run through the upper bracket, CFudge was dropped to the lower by RandT, but won several more games to meet RandT in the Losers Finals and earn a trip to the grand. Meanwhile, Magnetic absolutely dominated all the way through the upper bracket... and then was unable to wield his 1-game advantage to victory. Cfudge emerges the champion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Green
msg tools
CrankyDay wrote:
The Events Grand Final has come to conclusion.

After a decent run through the upper bracket, CFudge was dropped to the lower by RandT, but won several more games to meet RandT in the Losers Finals and earn a trip to the grand. Meanwhile, Magnetic absolutely dominated all the way through the upper bracket... and then was unable to wield his 1-game advantage to victory. Cfudge emerges the champion!

GG's Cfudge that event made me feel silly for not bothering to buy stuff on my last turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob s
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That email notification that said "maybe next time randt" was hateful. Ha. Great tournament.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pan da
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RandT wrote:
That email notification that said "maybe next time randt" was hateful. Ha. Great tournament.

Hahahaha it's so infuriating. Challonge be trolling haaaaard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bases & Events Crossover has reached the Final 3.

WestDaddyUtd defeated Wheels in the Winners Finals, securing his spot in the Grand Finals.

CrankyDay defeated Ciago in the Losers Pre-Finals, and now faces Wheels in the Losers Finals.

Of the 3, only Wheels represents the Events Discipline, and has secured his spot in the Events discipline Mastery Invitational.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.