Hide
5 Posts

Mistfall» Forums » General

Subject: Is it that easy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daman whodaman
msg tools
Had it for a long time but only recently i thoroughly read the new rulebook and guide + video tutorials lol.. I recently finished the "into the wilds" with the dual wielder axe and healer girls...

Well lets just say i overwhelmed the foes with them two. Is certain combinations make the game easy or was just luck or just 'into the wilds' scenario doesnt have much of a challenge like the others will.

Or i am playing or doing something wrong....anyone feel the same?

(Still an awesome game and cant wait for theexpansions!!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
Into The Wilds is pretty tough because, since it's so short, you don't have much opportunity to "level up" for the final boss fight. That said, Arani the Cleric and Venda the Fury are the two whose basic decks don't need very much augmentation: if any pairing could smash the scenario, it's that pair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
With multiple heroes and using the "normal" sides of the charters, it is pretty easy, yeah. You can use nightmare sides of heroes and time charters, or use the alternative Time system from Heart of the Mists (probably still in some file section) to spice things up a bit. (Don't use both, you'll probably fail hard.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
Appreciate it so maybe those two are damn good together but then again having a healer and dps is like a perfect crew.. will retry it with another group and see how that fairs..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Guijo
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those two characters are the easiest to handle and a good combination. If you change characters you will need to put a lot more thought in the game to win the scenario. You can use (if you have them) the Time II deck (harder one, a kickstarter item) or you can use the hard mode on charachters and time charter. Those will provide challenge enough for you.
I have never thought this game as an easy ride, but if you are lucky with time cards and you play into the wilds with healer and barbarian combo this could happen.

If you have Valskyrr expansion you can use events and elite enemies too, those make things really hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.