1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Complaint Department

Subject: Anyone know MCollier rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daman whodaman
msg tools
mb
Made a purchase from him on the market and he hasnt logged or responded to my questions in nearly a year...Bought lot of myth items from him and hoping to know on status.

If anyone knows him can you poke him!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drakkonblade wrote:
Made a purchase from him on the market and he hasnt logged or responded to my questions in nearly a year...Bought lot of myth items from him and hoping to know on status.

Wait you paid for something a year ago and he didn't deliver? So I have some premium ocean front property in Arizona I can sell to you really cheap...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
drakkonblade wrote:

Wait you paid for something a year ago and he didn't deliver? So I have some premium ocean front property in Arizona I can sell to you really cheap...

Totally uncalled for.

Transactions like this happen in the BGG marketplace all the time or people piggyback onto pledges. I let two guys jump on my Myth pledge but there was no way I was able to front the cash for the.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:
drakkonblade wrote:

Totally uncalled for.

Transactions like this happen in the BGG marketplace all the time or people piggyback onto pledges. I let two guys jump on my Myth pledge but there was no way I was able to front the cash for the.
What was totally uncalled for? You answering the clarifying question I asked him? I agree but i'm not mad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Instead of being helpful you effectively called him a sucker. No sympathy, no useful information or advice, just a little condescension.

You could have related your own experiences or ... well something. Go back and read your response as though you were the original poster and ask yourself if it would have been helpful to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Myth to Complaints.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
whiskemuscles wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:
drakkonblade wrote:

Totally uncalled for.

What was totally uncalled for? You answering the clarifying question I asked him? I agree but i'm not mad.

Your comment disparages the idea that anyone would agree to piggy-back or pre-order a Kickstarter game a year in advance by suggesting that anyone willing to do so is naive and stupid ("I Have Ocean Front Property In Arizona..."). That's uncalled for, and potentially violates the TOS of BGG for personal attacks.

Paying for a pre-order (or "piggy-backing") a year in advance is not uncommon, especially for Kickstarter games with minis, which are often delayed by months or years. Cthulhu Wars is a perfect example of a game that was delayed by almost two years, and hundreds of people had piggy-backed with KS backers to get their own copy.

It's always the case that piggy-backing with someone you don't know personally poses a risk, but it's not necessary to insult those who choose to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
über evil bob
United States
Mount Doom
Middle-earth
flag msg tools
And you thought Old & CE Bob was Evil
badge
LIVE ACTION SPAM HUNTER
mbmbmbmbmb
for the record ....

I looked at the user profile page

Quote:
Last Login: 2015-12-23
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL where does it say he piggybacked on anything? How do you know he didn't buy something the guy had and the guy just never shipped it? It's not a long post, did I some how miss that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
LOL where does it say he piggybacked on anything? How do you know he didn't buy something the guy had and the guy just never shipped it? It's not a long post, did I some how miss that?

I fail to see how that makes an insulting and unhelpful comment appropriate. YMMV.

As it happens, he posted a similar question on another thread, and made it clear he had piggy-backed on the Myth Journeyman Kickstarter. So there's that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenLaborMike wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:

I fail to see how that makes an insulting and unhelpful comment appropriate. YMMV.

As it happens, he posted a similar question on another thread, and made it clear he had piggy-backed on the Myth Journeyman Kickstarter. So there's that.
Referencing a joke that's been around for nearly 30 years is called sarcasm, not insulting. And now I am supposed to know what he posted in another thread, in context to this thread, to ask a question about this said post? Really?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
GreenLaborMike wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:

Referencing a joke that's been around for nearly 30 years is called sarcasm, not insulting. And now I am supposed to know what he posted in another thread, in context to this thread, to ask a question about this said post? Really?

Sarcasm and Insulting are not mutually exclusive. But they are both equally unhelpful under the circumstances.

And no, you aren't expected to know. As I mentioned, it's not relevant, actually. I mentioned it as an FYI, since you asked how I (or the other commenters) know he didn't "buy something the guy had and the guy just never shipped it." That's how I knew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:
drakkonblade wrote:

Totally uncalled for.

Thinking the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
GreenLaborMike wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:

It can still be insulting.

If you do not know the whole story you can always ask.

You were taking the piss, pure a simple.

Of course we cannot be all as wise as you, and many people actually trust their fellow man to do the right thing. I agree a year is a long time to wait, but then some people want to think this is a hobby filled with people who care about each others welfare, and not a bunch of self righteous shysters just out to con them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmb
He seemed to be a fairly stand up regular in trades, sells and purchases. He was also active in Secret Santa's and raising money auctions.

Then he dropped off completely in last December. Not a good sign overall, but it doesn't seem like someone who would stiff on a single purchase. It is indeed more ominous than anything, hope he's OK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:
GreenLaborMike wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:

Of course we cannot be all as wise as you, and many people actually trust their fellow man to do the right thing. I agree a year is a long time to wait, but then some people want to think this is a hobby filled with people who care about each others welfare, and not a bunch of self righteous shysters just out to con them.

I did ask. Literally the first thing, then I made a joke. If you guys would get off your soap boxes you might of been able to see I can't do anything without context. If he never received an order was it paypal, a personal check, credit card. All of which have different options of him potentially dealing with it, not to mention states laws for personal transactions that could include small claims court. But i guess I should of not asked a clarifying question and just posted a frowny face, somehow inferred he meant piggybacking( which still has options of making it right) and said wow that sucks buddy. Be here you guys are getting upset over a 3 decade old popular country song and attacking me because there was no context for his post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:
GreenLaborMike wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:

I did ask. Literally the first thing, then I made a joke. If you guys would get off your soap boxes you might of been able to see I can't do anything without context. If he never received an order was it paypal, a personal check, credit card. All of which have different options of him potentially dealing with it, not to mention states laws for personal transactions that could include small claims court. But i guess I should of not asked a clarifying question and just posted a frowny face, somehow inferred he meant piggybacking( which still has options of making it right) and said wow that sucks buddy. Be here you guys are getting upset over a 3 decade old popular country song and attacking me because there was no context for his post.
What you said

Quote:

So you did not ask him anything he had not already said (he said he waited a year in the OP).

Quote:
Made a purchase from him on the market and he hasnt logged or responded to my questions in nearly a year

Thus you did not seek to clarify something you did not understand, you made a poor joke at someones expense (everyone else was able to figure out he made the purchase a (nearly) year ago, I find it hard to imagine this was so hard for you to figure out).

It was not helpful or constructive, it was dismissive. If you want to understand what you did, look at how you are reacting to people being dismissive of what you say.

If this is not the case and you really were unable to figure out the answer to the question you asked I apologize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly (Gastonia / Charlotte)
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Joe brought it up, for the entertainment of the rest of y'all:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So everyone here is sticking with this being a post about him piggybacking without any hint what so every that's what he is talking about. And country music is offensive. The world is a strange place indeed. Instead of defending his honor that you feel was besmirched why not start a go fund me to get him his money back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
So everyone here is sticking with this being a post about him piggybacking without any hint what so every that's what he is talking about. And country music is offensive. The world is a strange place indeed. Instead of defending his honor that you feel was besmirched why not start a go fund me to get him his money back?

Man, we're all here for the LOLs. Why are you so emotionally invested in this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:

shhh you will ruin the fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
grant5 wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:

So you admit you are just taking the piss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:
grant5 wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:

lol no I wasn't talking to you. Geez chill out. Also side note, taking a piss? Like the term of going to the bathroom? I don't quite get the context and find it kind of offensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:
grant5 wrote:
VaeVictis666 wrote:

lol no I wasn't talking to you. Geez chill out. Also side not, taking a piss? Like the term of going to the bathroom? I don't quite get the context and find it kind of offensive.
What you have only ever had one piss your whole life (I take it you have had it now?)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.