Subject: What/Which miniature do you like the most? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Khian Foo
United States
Minot
North Dakota
flag msg tools
What/Which miniature do you like the most after seeing them in real life? I didnt get the dragon add-ons. Does it worth the money?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I really love, oddly enough, the Spartan. That model we got as a "preview" for their upcoming Mythic Battles Pantheon game. He's great.

I'm also a huge fan of another useless model: the camel. Love that one, really nice details. lol.

A lot of the models are excellent. (and some are, strangely, rather not-so-nice, like they were very rushed) I'm curious to hear which ones others like too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Ruiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
The snake blew me away. I also basecoated Kerim Shah to check the detail on the light grey figures and there is a ton of intricate detail work on that model.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dodge
United States
Highland
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swammeyjoe wrote:
The snake blew me away. I also basecoated Kerim Shah to check the detail on the light grey figures and there is a ton of intricate detail work on that model.

Same. I love the snake model. Great detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Conan warlord and conan general. Awesome sculpts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Lin
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I like most of them, if I really had to pick one, then it would be Conan the Mercenary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Di Muro
msg tools
I love all the model's detail. Even the not so good ones are quite good! What bugs me is nearly ever model looks stationary and lacks energy. They look lifeless like chess pieces. I would have preferred more dynamic poses and sculpts. It's like the characters and animals etc are just posing for someone to sculpt them rather than being alive in the middle of combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised the heroes all seem to be in a lower quality light grey cast verses the darker, more solid grey plastic of the rank and file and larger monsters.

Speaking of which, there's little comparison in quality between the lion and any of the other monsters.

What happened there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
heretic_dave wrote:
I'm surprised the heroes all seem to be in a lower quality light grey cast verses the darker, more solid grey plastic of the rank and file and larger monsters.

That's just a trick of the color of plastic they chose. The heroes have as much detail. Spray the heroes with a light coat of primer and you'll see. They look awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
heretic_dave wrote:

That's just a trick of the color of plastic they chose. The heroes have as much detail. Spray the heroes with a light coat of primer and you'll see. They look awesome!

true, that's a high res comparison shot I made some time before, just with primer

of course, that doesn't help people who don't plan to paint their minis...

khian wrote:
What/Which miniature do you like the most after seeing them in real life? I didnt get the dragon add-ons. Does it worth the money?

can't speak for the dragon, however the Black Dragons are a welcome diversion from all the fleshy bits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.