Subject: English foamcore insert plans? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a site with plans in Spanish (I think). Anyone know of foamcore insert plans in English before I get brave enough to try and make one on my own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you ever looked at Plano storage boxes with adjustable compartments? Our local Walmart, in the fishing tackle area, carries a perfect model for $3.00 that works for just about any medium- or large-box game. I use one for Mombasa, and it fits great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Wisconsin Rapids
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
I found a site with plans in Spanish (I think). Anyone know of foamcore insert plans in English before I get brave enough to try and make one on my own?

I'm assuming you found Paquisto's plans. I built an insert for Mombasa using his plans. It's easy to translate his page to English in Google Chrome. His foam insert for Mombasa is the best, IMO.

On his site, you'll see a download link for some files that open in Sketchup.
You can get all the measurements you need right in Sketchup. These plans are language-independent and intuitive.
It looks like this when opened: https://gyazo.com/6d1e1917cdec81f870b4ffa022f0fd7e

All you need to do is cut out all those individual pieces and glue them all together. You'll see each strip is 23mm wide. I suggest cutting at least four 23mm wide strips the whole length of your foam board, then cutting those down to the proper length.

Then cut three squares 288mm x 288m. One of these squares will stay whole, the other two will be cut up to form the different sections of the insert.

an important thing to note: Paquisto's insert does not accommodate sleeved cards without a slight modification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fastattaq wrote:
veector wrote:

I'm assuming you found Paquisto's plans. I built an insert for Mombasa using his plans. It's easy to translate his page to English in Google Chrome. His foam insert for Mombasa is the best, IMO.

On his site, you'll see a download link for some files that open in Sketchup.
You can get all the measurements you need right in Sketchup. These plans are language-independent and intuitive.
It looks like this when opened: https://gyazo.com/6d1e1917cdec81f870b4ffa022f0fd7e

All you need to do is cut out all those individual pieces and glue them all together. You'll see each strip is 23mm wide. I suggest cutting at least four 23mm wide strips the whole length of your foam board, then cutting those down to the proper length.

Then cut three squares 288mm x 288m. One of these squares will stay whole, the other two will be cut up to form the different sections of the insert.

an important thing to note: Paquisto's insert does not accommodate sleeved cards without a slight modification.

Thanks. I might give this a shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
Cadiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:

If you need any help with the translation let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.